Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

@MoisiePants wrote:

So I have two choices:

• Use RescueAssist - can't login from a fresh boot, but can start a session immediately;
  • Use G2A - can login from a fresh boot, but can't start a session immediately.

Any suggestions?...

A month later - and no suggestions from LogMeIn. Really glad I'm paying my monthly subscription... Had an incredulous customer on the phone today, who was aghast that I would have to wait at least ten minutes before I could do anything on their machine, even though I was able and willing to act immediately.

smarin820
Active Contributor

MacOS Expert to MacOS Client - Mouse and Keyboard Not Working

I recently had to connect to a Mac which is using MacOS Catalina. I can connect to it and see everything but I cannot control the Mouse or Keyboard. I have tried from app as well as RescueAssist. Anyone else have this problem?

smarin820
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Expert to MacOS Client - Mouse and Keyboard Not Working

Update: I cannot connect to the client (unattended) at all unless the user accepts, then it will just allow me to view only. This is for both the MacOS Expert Client and with RescueAssist.

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Another month later - and tumbleweed... 

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Another three weeks pass - and still no word from LogMeIn. 😞

By 10am today, I'd already wasted an hour of my time waiting for client Mojave machines to start responding over G2A Unattended... Not good when you're trying to deal with time-critical issues. Had to resort to TeamViewer eventually to Get Work Done.

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

<Continues screaming into the void>

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

I don't think will ever be fixed.

We are being pushed towards RescueAssist if we like it or not.

In some ways it is better, especially with multisession windows.

But I will miss the speed of the old GTA Expert app.

Logmein was sold to a private equiity firm in Dec 2019, so I would expect more changes.

Let's hope they listen to thier users!

EKKG
Active Contributor

GTA was everything I wanted and more. The reports, the recordings, ease of connecting with customers. On Windows computers it's still great, occasionally I'll have an issue where it's not running as service and will need user input to make changes. On the Mac, GTA doesn't work at all with Catalina and barely works with Mojave. I renewed for another year in October, kind of second guessing that now, I think TeamViewer is probably the way to go, does anyone else have any suggestions for alternatives?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

I do not see Apple removing the new privacy and security settings that they introduced, so you will have to guide the client through giving permission if they are unable to follow the prompt that we display on their screen. This issue is not unique to GoToAssist or RescueAssist, they will have to do the same thing with TeamViewer or any other application that needs that kind of access to their system. If this is an issue because your client is not an admin on their Mac I have read you can push a config profile to give the appropriate permissions if you have the right setup.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
EKKG
Active Contributor

I do understand that TeamViewer requires you to give "Full Disk Access" and "Screen Recording".  However, for some reason it is so much easier guiding customers through TeamViewer. I window pops up that shows them what needs to be done and if the permissions are correct.

Am I correct when I say that GoToAssist does not work with Catalina at all? I've had some of my "Unattended" customers upgrade to Catalina while GTA was installed, when this happens you can uninstall via the application.

One major issues I've had in the past with Rescue Assist is the "reporting" and "recording", so much so, I stopped using it, has that been resolved as far as you know? I do a lot of remotes, I rely on the reporting and recording to do my billing, most important to me.