cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EKKG
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

Sorry about the typos, ugh. I'm just going to re-post my last comment corrected.

I do understand that TeamViewer requires you to give "Full Disk Access" and "Screen Recording".  However, for some reason it is so much easier guiding customers through TeamViewer. A window pops up that shows them what needs to be done and if the permissions are correct.

Am I correct when I say that GoToAssist does not work with Catalina at all? I've had some of my "Unattended" customers upgrade to Catalina while GTA was installed, when this happens you can't uninstall via the application.

One major issue I've had in the past with Rescue Assist is the "reporting" and "recording", so much so, I stopped using it, has that been resolved as far as you know? I do a lot of remotes, I rely on the reporting and recording to do my billing, most important to me.

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

What are the issues with reporting?

I use GTA and RA interchangably and see all my sessions from both in my GTA reports.

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi,

I do not see Apple removing the new privacy and security settings that they introduced, so you will have to guide the client through giving permission if they are unable to follow the prompt that we display on their screen....

But *still* no word as to the ridiculous, infuriating, wasteful delay when I attempt to connect to an Unattended Mojave machine... 

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hurumph. The monthly bump that accessing Unattended Mojave clients is a painful, time-wasting experience.

Much like hoping for a useful response on this forum... 

canorton3

Re: MacOS Expert to MacOS Client - Mouse and Keyboard Not Working

Has anyone been able to solve this? I have the same issue with Logmein using client version  4.1.7394 (PlugIn: 1.0.2424) on a MacBook Pro running 10.15.3 attempting to connect to an iMacPro running 10.15.3. I cannot get mouse or keyboard input to function on the host computer. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

GoToAssist Remote Support v4.8 build 1692 is now available in the beta updates channel. It includes fixes for:

• Generating new support sessions on Mac OS Catalina
  • Connecting to an Unattended Mac even if there is no user actively logged in

When you have time please try it and report back.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
HHI
Active Contributor

Can you provide a link or steps on navigating to this beta channel?

LRP
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma - beta?

I can't seem to get the new beta version.

I'm currently on GTA V4.7 build 1673.

I've updated my Admin Settings to include beta updates.

I've tried "check for updates" several times - nothing gets downloaded.

I've "exited" from GTA and restarted computer - no new update for GTA.

What else can I try?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

All agents whose account update settings are configured for Regular Updates or Regular & Beta Updates will receive an update of the latest version (v4.8, b1692) for the GoToAssist Expert and Customer desktop applications in a phased rollout beginning May 2, 2020.

If you wish to upgrade before then, you can set your Device Groups to Regular & Beta Updates or Infrequent Updates and select the new version specifically https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/about-infrequent-updates-g2ars090080

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
HHI
Active Contributor

This new beta version does not fix this issue at all.  I installed G2A 4.8 Build 1692 on a client machine running macOS Mojave (10.14.6) using fastsupport unattended website.  The remote session starts and I have mouse/keyboard control, not after you restart the MacBook.  The G2A app never automatically relaunches in the Menu bar after an OS reboot, therefore you cannot another start unattended session.  When is this going to be fixed?