cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Third party installing their G2A account in place of mine

I have run into this situation twice recently. I have clients set up for unattended access with GoToAssist. Other providers of service (their CPA firm in one case, a point of sale vendor in another) also uses GoToAssist and came in and installed unattended support in place of my setup. Consequently those devices now show as REMOVED in my account and have rendered them unavailable to me.

Is there some way for more than one provider to use GoToAssist on a PC? Both of these scenarios are legitimate needs for all three parties (me, the client and the other vendors).

4 REPLIES 4
Active Contributor

Re: Third party installing their G2A account in place of mine

I have had this same problem.  Not often, so it hasn't been a big deal for me, but certainly a nuisance when it does happen.

LogMeIn Contributor

I'm terribly sorry folks, the only way to 'share' an Unattended machine is if you are members of the same GoTo account.  Only one set of account credentials can be stored at any one time on an Unattended device.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Any chance that this may change in the future?

LogMeIn Contributor

@InventureIT_Ric  I don't believe they will change the setup behavior there for several security reasons, but I will ask if there are any plans to change this with RescueAssist moving forward.

** Technically you could have one RA and one RS install going simultaneously, just don't confuse the two services if utilizing both.