cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonydotigr
Active Contributor

Unattended Not Available after Reboot/Update

Had a problem with clients running Windows 10, but mainly Windows Server 2016.  After a reboot or update the unattended client is no longer available and I can't connect.  Each time I have to manually reinstall the client on the device.  This is becoming a pain for multiple clients.  Is there a fix or known problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Re: Unattended Not Available after Reboot/Update

I've spoken to support and they have suggested changing the version deployed back to 1575. Since I did this some deployed versions have downgraded automatically and the new ones I deploy don't update further than 1575, so it's working good. "you can set your GoToAssist account to rollback to the previous version of the application and to stop inheriting updates automatically. To do that you can log into the Admin Center, go to Admin Settings and under "Build Version Updates" you can set the account to Infrequent updates and then select the 1575 version. " Hopefully my domain will become more stable after a while, until they fix this... Kind regards, Hugo.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear about this behavior.

Since the problem began, have you tried setting GoToAssist to delayed startup on the problem PCs?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
tonydotigr
Active Contributor

I changed the LogMeIn service to be Automatic (delayed).  Hopefully, this fixes the problem. 

Is this solution documented anywhere and/or what causes?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I don't have anything specific documented, but will see if there's anything that matches similar criteria on the back log.

Let us know if the delayed start works in your case?

HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Getting the same issue here, all clients update to the latest version, then stop working after the next restart. Most unattended installations have broken now...
tonydotigr85

Just performed an update on Windows 2016 Server and lost unattended access once again after making the requested change.

What can be done to prevent this?  This, unfortunately, is a huge hassle and renders unattended access useless.

HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

I've spoken to support and they have suggested changing the version deployed back to 1575. Since I did this some deployed versions have downgraded automatically and the new ones I deploy don't update further than 1575, so it's working good. "you can set your GoToAssist account to rollback to the previous version of the application and to stop inheriting updates automatically. To do that you can log into the Admin Center, go to Admin Settings and under "Build Version Updates" you can set the account to Infrequent updates and then select the 1575 version. " Hopefully my domain will become more stable after a while, until they fix this... Kind regards, Hugo.
tonydotigr
Active Contributor

This workaround is not acceptable long-term.  When will this be fixed?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

With regards to Unattended suppor on Mac High Sierra (build 1599), this issue is hight priority, and is scheduled to be fixed in the coming weeks.  For the time being, the only workaround is to reinstall GoToAssist on the affected Mac client, or to simply have the client end reboot manually.  As more information becomes available, we will update the Community here.

For Windows users affected by this issue, please make sure the affected Unattended User account is running as a Service, and that the internet connection remains uninterrupted throught the reboot.