cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

Unattended gotoassist executable

I have been reluctant to use the unattended feature with my clientelle because of a perceived potential liability issue. However, many of my clients in my area are elderly, and have issues with the simple steps needed in trying to connect with me remotely. So for the more "challenged" ones, I am going to move to the unattended install regardless of the risk. Am I to assume that I can place the unattended install executable (g2ax_customer_combined_dll_full_win32_en_US.exe) on a flash drive and install the unattended program whenever I am in front of a customers PC? I assume the part of the install program whereby I login to my account establishes the association for the client PC with my group. Correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unattended gotoassist executable

Hi @Stephen Hunt,

There are a few ways to set up Unattended Support on a client's computer:

1. If they use a Windows PC you can do it during a live Attended session
  2. You can generate an Unattended installer and even assign it to a specific group, then install it in person when you are at the computer.
  3. While you are at your client's computer you can go to www.fastsupport.com/unattended which will download the installer which you run and then enter your credentials at the end to link it to your account.

I'm curious to know what risks you are concerned about?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Stephen Hunt,

There are a few ways to set up Unattended Support on a client's computer:

1. If they use a Windows PC you can do it during a live Attended session
  2. You can generate an Unattended installer and even assign it to a specific group, then install it in person when you are at the computer.
  3. While you are at your client's computer you can go to www.fastsupport.com/unattended which will download the installer which you run and then enter your credentials at the end to link it to your account.

I'm curious to know what risks you are concerned about?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

I think you answered my question.... in one form or another, you must be either at or in a session with the target computer in order to establish the unattended situation for future use.

I don't work for a corporation as part of the support team. So from my perspective, in terms of liability, I think that would be fairly obvious. In the event a customer's computer was compromised, and their information stolen.... it might be easy to blame the supposed "unscrupulous" tech support guy who had ...

"access to my computer anytime, your honor".

I might certainly be able to prove my innocence GlennD, but maybe not without considerable time and expense. In today's society, I would think you have to be very careful about who you decide can benefit from the installation.... and who to trust as well.