cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred Marshall
Contributor

connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

In the last few months (since switching to LogMeIn?) I have been getting very frequent cases where unattended remote connection doesn't work and there's a suggestion to check the internet connection.  After 4 tries, it usually works and connections seem to be stable.  Yet, this is a big nuisance!!

I've run traceroutes to the suggested site both from my normal workstation and from one of the target computers.  But what's next?

workstation traceworkstation trace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

It appears that the problem has been solved!  So much better!!

I've noticed that connections haven't been failing.

Today i went to a list of 8 clients that I have to review today.

They all connected click, click, click ....... WOW.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

Hi Fred,

Are the Unattended computers that you are experiencing this with all on the same network? Could you have someone sitting at one of these computers try to join a regular Attended session with you, as a test? They can right click the GoToAssist icon in their system tray, select Join a Session and enter the 9 digit code.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
BraceSupport
Active Contributor

Fred,

My experience has been the same as you've described; the problem isnt at your clients nor mine.  As you stated this has occured since aquistion and in typical fashion...its never a problem with the GTA infrastructure.  I've been instructed to check whitelists, proxies, firewalls at the client locations...many.  Even though as you've stated...after multiple attempts the link eventually opens....essentially eliminating from the problem source whitelists, proxies, and firewalls.

A similar issue occurred some time ago, I again was forced to spend significant time convincing GTA Support to look internally, it was eventually fixed.  I'm about to close a support call at 70 minutes with a promise to have Level 2  contact me after collecting logs from clients PCs, etc.  A total waste of my time.

One interesting note...for the first step in the problem determination process the GTA Support Tech request the reinstall of GTA Expert.  When the "Programs and Features" was opened to uninstall the program the "Installed On" date was today - strange it wasnt installed today.  The tech was asked was an update pushed, "No"  and the version listed was the same.  Curious.

I wonder, did the LogMeIn management team once work at AOL, that was the process they used whenever something was wrong...reinstall the software.  Have we not evolved in the software world - no, quite the opposite.   Online delivery of software has weakened the QA process leaving it to the user community to find problems in real-time, real-life and report back the problems - then await the next agile release.

By the way, have you had time to use the new 'dark theme' the LogMeIn/GTA team was so excited about delivering to us?  

russell-xp
Active Contributor

This has still been randomly happening for months now... Click connect, get disconnected, click connect, get disconnected, click connect, get connected....  Rather frustrating when you're trying to get connected to 4-5 systems at once and keep losing them as you're connecting and then they don't show up in the order you want them in on the bar too. 🙂  How about being able to rearrange "tabs" of the connections too 🙂

Anyways I'm not sure if they are even working on this as it's "working" but it's starting to get annoying.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@russell-xp Hi Russell,

Sorry for the frustrations.

It sounds like you are able to replicate the connection problems with certain clients.  Do you have a customer support case number that I might follow up on to see the findings?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Fred Marshall
Contributor

I agree with the suggestion to be able to arrange the tabs.  I sought that long ago with no response.

In my case (which sounds the same) I'd not say "connects then disconnects".  I'd say:

"Launches an apparent connect attempt that fails"

I can't say that this applies to any particular clients.  Rather, I'd say it applies to all of them rather uniformly.  But, I've not kept a log.

It's surely not good behavior for a production environment where many clients must be connected in short order.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Fred Marshall  I am happy to follow up on any cases you have created as well.  Just let me know what the unique case number was so we can dig into some of your issues there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Fred Marshall
Contributor

It just happened again.  4 or 5 tries were necessary to get a connection.  Very frustrating and disruptive.

But, indeed there was an eventual connection so all the setups seem to be fine.

PDNX
Active Contributor

I've been experiencing this for a while as well.  Not related to any particular client or location.  Just started happening some time after LMI took over.  I have to try 4 or 5 times to get connected.

I've also been having a hell of a time with the Android app being crashy, and logging out constantly.  But I'll save that for another thread.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

Is it the case that we are preaching to the choir?  I sense no company involvement with this issue.  Or, is this the wrong place to raise such an issue?