cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

Hi @Fred Marshall The best place to raise problems is to call into support with the affected hardware immediately availble.  Once they do the ground work investigation, gathering log files from your clients, we can certainly look into why some of your connections are not working as expected.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
smarin820
Active Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

I have expierenced similar issues. Ever since the Logmein take over I'd say 95% of the time I connect to an unattended session, it will not connect the first try. I have to reset the connection and then it will connect. Very annoying to say the least. This happens to every single account I try to acces, so it is not an end-user/site problem.

Please fix.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@smarin820 I apologize for the frustrations.

Were you also able to create a case for our support group in order to see what LMI servers you are connecting through, and if there are any commonalities with the affected clients?

smarin820
Active Contributor

I have not, figured it would be a waste of time. Seems not that LMI is involved we are just part of a big group of paying clients that have no voice.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @smarin820

It's definitely not a waste of time to contact our Support. If as you say 95% of your Unattended sessions do not connect the first time one of our agents should be able to document the issue with you over the phone and gather logs files for an escalation so that we can investigate the cause.

I'd like to point out that there have been no major changes to GoToAssist Remote Support or it's infrastructure due to the merger with LMI. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
russell-xp
Active Contributor

The problem is it doesn't seem to happen every time, just frequently enough to be annoying, and right in that moment I need to log into someone's system and work on it and not call support.  Also by the time I have called support it doesn't do it anymore either...  One slow Friday I'll be bored enough to bother to do this I was just hoping with it happeneing to everyone that it would have been fixed by now 🙂

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@russell-xp  I hear you.  Unfortunately we can't recreate this no matter how many tests we run, so it seems to be isolated to the few on this Community thread.  The sticking point is that nobody seems to have filed a case yet for us to determine where the problem lies.

Let us know if you can, by keeping track of the pattern of connection failures, where these clients are located, when the attempt was made, and what operating systems + firewalls are in play there.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

@AshC wrote:

"The sticking point is that nobody seems to have filed a case yet for us to determine where the problem lies."

I did file a case recently.  I'm not aware that filing a case necessarily provides anything that leads to determination of cause.  So, just to be clear:

- the problem has been reported by enough people that it seems clear that it's real.

- That the problem reports are mostly limited to this forum is the way that things work, is it not?

I do hope that none of this is a reason to discount the issue and that there are determined efforts afoot to resolve it.  The fact is that a paid service should be performing better - end of story.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

Now it's happening on two clients at the same time.  I just connected to a 3rd and there *was* someone observing at the other end.  They saw the request: "Fred wants to start a session" and directly therafter it disconnected / failed to fully connect.  At least that's more information than I'd had earlier.  

VERY disruptive!!!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks @Fred Marshall  What was your case number so that I may look into the findings?