cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDNX
Active Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

@GlennD, I just uploaded a traceroute and the log files. I just had a few failures in the last few minutes, so hopefully those logs captured what you need.
PDNX
Active Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

@GlennD, Did my logs yield anything positive?
Fred Marshall
Contributor

I uploaded the logfile.

I also uploaded a log that I kept for a number of days of failures to connect - which includes how many clients were already connected at the time of failure.

I must say that last evening (fairly late) was particularly bad - but I'd stopped making log entries by then.

I've done traceroutes but I must say that they look very uninteresting.

I've also had a discussion going with LogMeIn support.  They asked for the manual log that you can see but they didn't ask for the autogenerated log.  I have sent them both.

They said this is a known problem:

Our team was notified about this case, related to unattended access machines taking multiple tries to establish a connection, and I wanted to let you know that our engineers are currently working on similar cases and will review the information sent by you to determine if this particular case could be related to the other ones and find a quick solution if possible. 

Once we have more information or if we determine that additional details are needed we will get back to you. Please don't hesitate to reply to this email if you have more questions. 

Thank you,

Carlos | LogMeIn Customer Care, Level 2 
LogMeIn
www.LogMeIn.com
p. +1-866.478.1805
International Callers

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @PDNX

Thank you for the log files and the trace. They were added to the ticket which is being worked on and I am following it closely so that I am aware of any developments. Nothing has been shared yet but this is being treated as a high priority issue by the team.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
sdpullen
Active Contributor

We have been having this exact issue as well. Same as everyone else and yes we have a support ticket in. We are looking at other software now as well because this has been going on since the LMI purchase/transition and there seems to be no resolution in sight. 

Fred Marshall
Contributor

The problem was particularly bad over the weekend. It pulls attention away from the task at hand. HIGH PRIORITY is good to hear. RESULTS will no doubt be forthcoming?? How hard can this be? traceroutes seem to yield nothing. Yet, no request for Wireshark captures?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Now that you can connect to your Remote Support Unattended computers from the new Rescue Assist web console (as long as they are updated to build 1610), have you tried and do you have the same issue connecting the first time?

If you haven't tried this yet, could you sign into Rescue Assist and try? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Fred Marshall
Contributor

I tried it and I didn't like it very much at all.

There is no way to know whether connection time is better or not.

The only thing that it does is NOT REQUIRE repeated attempts.  But one does wait... and wait ...

In the meantime, there's no way to know which device is open in which tab of the browser.  

So, you go to one that's still waiting and don't know which one it is.

And, you go to one that's open and don't know which one it is.

And, there are no icons showing the contents.

Much, much worse than the interface that we've been trying to get improvements to for some time.

BraceSupport
Active Contributor

Is RescueAssist official now...because I just logged into RescueAssist and stopped waiting for the Device list to display:

Waiting for RescueAssist to provide a device list...timer started after one minute of waiting.Waiting for RescueAssist to provide a device list...timer started after one minute of waiting.

russell-xp
Active Contributor

RescueAssist just shows my groups under devices for a half second and then says I have no unattended devices.  Is RescueAssist supposed to replace GoToAssist? I hope we don't have to re-install agents as then may as well look at all the options again.

Still continuing to require repeated attempts to connect about 15-20% of the time I go to connect to any particular device.