cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdpullen
Active Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

I have tried RescueAssist. I do not like it. There is a considerable lag between moving/clicking the mouse and what shows on the screen versus GoToAssist. Also, I have logged off a user in order for me to log in as Admin and was disconnected from the session. That does me no good at all. If you're trying to push us all away from GoToAssist to RescueAssist, we'll all end up going with a different remote solution.  RescueAssist is an inferior product. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: connection is frequently refused - requiring multiple attempts before any success

@sdpullen  Sorry about that. 

Could you tell us some more about the OS in use on both sides of the delayed connection?  Do you have the hardware specs between the two devices so that we may attempt to recreate the delay?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
sdpullen
Active Contributor

Should probably put that in another forum post as I don't want to divert this thread. We need the current issue fixed. I'm not worried about RescueAssist at the moment. I want the current issue at hand fixed. 

Fred Marshall
Contributor

I agree.  Having tried it, I can quickly see that the new access method is FAR from meeting my current usage and processes.  So I will stick with the host-based GTA as it serves us well enough.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@sdpullen  I'm not able to reproduce either the delayed mouse response or the Admin logout when you're using the RescueAssist web app.  If this is still occuring, please post to the new RescueAssist Community forum here:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/RescueAssist-Discussions/bd-p/RescueAssist

* The Remote Support forum will remain available for the desktop software discussions only.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

To all affected by the connection delays, we have made some server adjustments to attempt to improve the success rate.  Please let us know if things improve?

Fred Marshall
Contributor

I just set up 8 clients that I need to work on now.  Two of them balked at connecting.  Earlier today I had one that I had to try and try - likely before your message.  I've seen sorta OK results like this in the recent past - so I don't know if there's any improvement.  Will continue to notice and report.

Thanks for the follow-up!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Fred Marshall  A final update to RA servers is planned for early next week.  I expect connection issues of this type to be fully resolved by then.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Checking in to see if anyone is still experiencing this issue now?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Quick test of 5 adds reaching 8 total - no fails.