Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

gotoassist unattended client fails to install

Hello

I came across a problems during GotoAssit  install on a client

The OS is Windows Server 2008 R2

It previously had Gotoassist client installed and working, and during one of the GotoAssist updates it never installed again

Tried to download and install manualy, but nothing happens, no error during install, nothing - it does nothing except to create the target dir under program files (x86)

Tried rebooting the server.

Windows logs show nothing related to the G2A install

Where can i find the client install logs, so i can check what may be causing the install problem ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: gotoassist client fails to install

Update - Problem Solved

This is what i did, after searching google for a while

I noticed there was an event showing up in the Windows Application Log after all, whenever i tried to install the unnatended client - something related to not being able to install a Third-Party Root Certification Authority.

Searching google for the error, i found that someone had a similar problem with some other app not related to Logmein, generating the same certificate error - The way to solve this, is to add full access rights to a specific registry key:

"Grant the user "NT SERVICE\cryptsvc" full access on the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot"

After doing this, G2A installed fine and is now working

4 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

You are trying to install Unattended Support, correct? Are you at the computer, installing via an Attended session or remotely connected via RDP? Log files can be found in the Temp folder (%temp%), inside Logmein folders.

If an older version of GoToAssist Remote Support was installed in the past, I would recommend uninstalling first. If you are using RDP, make sure you are in Console mode so that you can see the the software install prompts on the server.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hi

Yes i ment the unnatended support client

Previous versions where removed during an auto update.

In the process of trying to reinstall, i deleted all logmein/gotoassist folders just to be sure there was nothing left from the old install (i did not go trough registry keys)

I'm installing trough an RDP session and already tried in console mode - no messages pop up

About the temp folder - There is no logmein folder that i can find

Inside Programdata there is no Logmein or Gotoassist folder

Inside the user folder\Appdata, there is nothing related to Citrix/Logmein/Gotoassist

There is only one Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\1575 but is empty

If i remove this folder and try reinstalling the Unnatended client, this folder gets created but remains empty

No other folders get created anyware that i can find

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Update - Problem Solved

This is what i did, after searching google for a while

I noticed there was an event showing up in the Windows Application Log after all, whenever i tried to install the unnatended client - something related to not being able to install a Third-Party Root Certification Authority.

Searching google for the error, i found that someone had a similar problem with some other app not related to Logmein, generating the same certificate error - The way to solve this, is to add full access rights to a specific registry key:

"Grant the user "NT SERVICE\cryptsvc" full access on the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot"

After doing this, G2A installed fine and is now working

LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for letting us know! That is one I have not come across before, I'm sure this will be helpful to others.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!