cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHeck
New Contributor

Azure Active Directory

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to use my companies Azure Active Directory (Office 365) for Registration and Authentication for customer access on the GoToAssist Service Desk. I have been  unsuccessful in all attempts to get this working correctly. I have used instructions provided by LogMeIn (: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-service-desk/help/configure-self-registration-via-active-d...) as well as instructins provided by Microsoft (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-mobile-how-to-configure-active-direct...). 

The instructions provided by LogMeIn seem to be related to an on site AD and the instructions provided by Microsoft seem to be for a self developed application. Has anyone else intigrated Azure AD for their customer login? Could anyone provide me with some direction?

Thank you in advance,

Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Azure Active Directory

Hi @JHeck ,

Based on the steps you've given here, the exact same setup is not possible that I know of with Service Desk.

One idea might be to use ADFS to authenticate your customers locally, perhaps through MS Office?  Reference doc:  Configure Self Registration

I realize this is not what your asking, but thought it could be a workaround.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @JHeck !

It sounds like you are attempting to log into the Portal through Azure alone?  If so, you would want to use the generated page made by yourself to log in through instead.

There's a couple of points with Azure SSO and GoToAsist Service Desk that are important if this is your case:

1. The SSO integrations for Service Desk are mainly for Customers, and not Technicians. 
  2. There is not a way to log in through Azure by itself (outside of SSO). 
    1. If you follow the instructions referenced, and have Customers log in through the generated page you create in IIS, then this will succeed.
    2. Technicians, when SSO is setup correctly, will be able to log in through Azure
  3. You should not have to do anything from the Azure side for connection preparations, specifically referencing the AD portal link help page that you posted for Service Desk Customers.

JHeck
New Contributor

Hello @AshC,

I am looking into this for my customers only, technicians are not a concern. My only customers will be other employees within our agency. Since our active directory is through Azure I would like to link this up so each customer does not have to create an additional login, instead they can use their Microsoft Office 365 credentials to login. We have another web based program that is using Azure AD for login. The login process happens like this:

1. The user access the login page. There are 2 login buttons "Login" and "AD Login" 

2. the user selects "AD Login" and is redirected to the Microsoft login page. (The page looks identical to portal.office.com)

3. The user signs in on the Microsoft login page with their microsoft credentials.

4. Upon successful login the user is redirected to the web application. (They will be registered automatically if they have not been previously)

I would like to have the exact same setup for the customer portal of GoToAsist Service Desk.

Here are the instructions for the web app we have working currently. 

https://help.gofmx.com/hc/en-us/articles/203388509-FMX-Single-Sign-On-for-Active-Directory-Federatio...

Is this setup possible for GoToAssist Service Desk Customer Portal?

Thank you,

Justin

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @JHeck ,

Based on the steps you've given here, the exact same setup is not possible that I know of with Service Desk.

One idea might be to use ADFS to authenticate your customers locally, perhaps through MS Office?  Reference doc:  Configure Self Registration

I realize this is not what your asking, but thought it could be a workaround.

JHeck
New Contributor

Hello again @AshC,

Thank you for your response!

I appreciate you looking into this for me. Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into that right away.

Have a great day!