cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWJ

Custom Fields on the dashboard

At any given time my IT team can have up to 20-30 tickets open. Our process is to check our general queue first then deal with our own tickets. While the dashboard keeps displays due dates, status reports and activity ect. , it lacks information such as the customer's name and other custom fields Ive created.

Even in the reports i cant display the customer name, which is a bit odd. Other custom fields like office location and Region are also metrics i would generate reports on, but it seems that this is not possible.
63 REPLIES 63
Dan Lee

Re: Custom Fields on the dashboard

Hi JWJ,

Yes this is a very commonly requested feature and is slated into our roadmap for next quarter. In the interim we have a "beta" feature that allows to show the customer in the dashboards so I will get one of our team to reach out to you to activate this for you.

Kind Regards,

Dan
Anna Mantica

Would it be possible for me to be part of that beta as well? It's difficult for me to know which tickets to go into without seeing the customer name in the dashboard.

Thanks!
Braiden1

Can I also be added to the beta?
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Anna, This functionality has been turned on for your account. You should now see a "Show More Info" link on the top-right of the incident dashboard table. Hope this helps 🙂
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Braiden, This functionality has been turned on for your account. You should now see a "Show More Info" link on the top-right of the incident dashboard table. Hope this helps 🙂
Randy2

Could I be added to the beta as well? This feature would be very much appreciated in our environment.
david caranfa

may I be added to the beta as well?
troglotech
Active Contributor

Are you currently planning to implement these improvements as a service desk feature or a remote feature.

This feature has been documented as a key requirement of the remote unattended computer list in multiple posts over the years (search on customer).

I would hope this implementation would be common to both remote and service desk so that is value would be embedded into both components.

Perhaps replace the unattended computers list with the common service desk enhanced customer list.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Randy, This has been turned on for your account