cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ash nael

Email forwarding from Gmail

We want to use an internal email address, like helpdesk@domain.com and forward that to aspire-support@carefree-nation.assist... for our internal users not to have to remember a new email address, when doing this the helpdesk ticket does not show the customer who sent the email, it just shows helpdesk@domain.com? Is there anyway around this? Are there any triggers/customizations that can be done?

3 REPLIES 3
jason1111
Active Contributor

Re: Email forwarding from Gmail

Not sure how you would do this with an internal email system, but I do it with the gmail platform that has a business domain attached. All I've done is set up an email account, e.g. support@mydomain.com and set that to forward emails to the gotoassist service desk email address.  The customer's email address is shown.

I think it has something to do with the header that's sent. Your internal email system may be doing it differently. 

Just posting to show it 'can' work.
ash nael

I am using Gmail just like you , and when you want to setup gmail forwarding to the the gotoassist service desk email address (whatever@carefree-nation.assist.com) in gmail it asks to send a verification code to that address, how do you get that? It does not send it to my helpdesk.
jason1111
Active Contributor

MMh very odd, the verification email has always arrived in my incident dashboard so I'm not sure what's going wrong for you. I assume if you send a test email to your service email address they arrive?

I use multiple forwarders to different service desk services. One email address inbox but incoming emails forwarded to the corresponding service depending on the client's domain name.  I've received the verification code from Gmail each time when setting these up and never a problem.