cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim61

How do you edit the inbound Support email address used by customers to create incidents by sending emails to: this address?

Hi Everyone, I am trying to edit the inbound Support email address used by customers to create incidents by sending emails to: this address but don't know how to.

I have changed the Sender Address as per the following article but has not made a difference. Can someone please assist me?
http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Brian H2
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How do you edit the inbound Support email address used by customers to create incidents by sending emails to: this address?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting in the community!

Checkout this support article instead for help modifying the inbound support email address: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToAssistServiceDesk/help_files/G2ASD110004.

Jim61

Re: How do you edit the inbound Support email address used by customers to create incidents by sending emails to: this address?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your prompt response.  I reviewed the support article you posted and it does not mention how to edit the existing Support email address. 

The article only covers the following:

Create incidents via email

Enable or disable a service's support address

Integrate the support address with a 3rd-party email address

Are you able to provide instructions on editing the services support email address?

regards,

Jim
Brian H2
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Jim,

The support email address is a unique email address that is automatically created for each service by the Service Desk system ( "service-name] @ [customer portal URL]"). So, the URL inherits the pre-fix from the name of the Service that it is associated with. You would need to either rename the service or create a new service with the desired name. You should be able to change a service name under the General tab, within the service settings page, as shown in this article: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToAssistServiceDesk/help_files/G2ASD050001#Configur

Jim61

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for your asisstance.  We are not wanting to edit the service name which in turn, renames the name of the email box.  We want to rename the domain name component after the @.

For example, we have a support email address which is: client@clientsupport.assist.com and we would like to rename it to client@companyrequests.assist.com ?  So how would we rename the domain name component of the email address? 
The service name component before the @ symbol will remain the same.

regards,

Jim
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Jim,

I believe if you click on Configure > Services > Service Name > Customer Email you should be able to edit this there.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training