cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa E

Incident notifications

Whenever we create a ticket, the system never copies the originator on it even though they are in the Watchlist. Adding ourselves as customer, means we are not notified unless the Notify Customer box is checked, which almost never happens.
We've also tried entering ourselves as an external customer but that makes the ticket behave differently, and we still aren't copied on everything.

If we don’t get updates on self-created tickets, then it's easy to lose track of them. Is there another option?
1 REPLY 1
Krista C.

Re: Incident notifications

Hello Lisa -

It's by design that the user who is updating an incident isn't notified via email of their own updates, but I understand completely why you'd like to see those. I have two fixes for you that you might find useful.

The first one is that you can set yourself as a customer and then set the "Notify Customer" checkbox to be checked by default. This way you'll get every update unless otherwise specified. The "Notify Customer" checked by default setting is found under Configure->Account Wide Settings.

The second method, and my personal recommendation, is to create a group of the folks you would like updated when tickets are made / updated. This group can just be yourself, all of your users, or something in between. You'd make this under Configure->Groups. If your company has an internal support address that would reach all users who should be notified, I'd recommend entering this for the group email address. Otherwise, select the option to notify individual group members. Make sure that you give this group access to the services it'll be used for.

Once you have the above group created, go to Configure->Services->[Service Name]-> Defaults and make this new group the owner and assignee for all incidents. From then on, when you create or update this ticket, the group will be notified and thus you will get notifications of your own updates as well.

Below are some articles with screenshots to go along with my explanations.

On making groups: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...
On setting default assignees: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...

Let me know if that doesn't work for you or if you need any further help! 🙂