cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Last updated by when sent by email issue

The last updated by used to populate with the customer name when they submitted an update via email.  Now it is blank and if I run the activity log, it says their update was servicedeskgenerated. Does not seem to be consistent.  I had another customer update via email and their name shows up correctly on the activity log and dashboard.

4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Last updated by when sent by email issue

Hi Mary, 

I tried to replicate this with my own Service Desk account and was not able to.  It always shows that either the User or the Customer for "Last Updated By" when I test.  I am wondering if you get different results in an alternate browser?  If the same issue occurs using an alternate browser it may be a good idea to give us a call at the support desk so that we can perhaps have a screen sharing session and determine what the cause may be.  Please find our contact information via the following url: https://care.citrixonline.com/gotoassist-servicedesk/contactus 
Active Contributor

I noticed it is only an issue if the person that sent the update in via email is not the "customer" on the ticket.  They are responding since they were listed on the watchlist and part of the team that is working on the issue or project.  For larger projects and issues, since we can only put one customer on the ticket, we add other stakeholders or the supervisors email to the watchlist.  If someone that was on the watchlist responds, the "last updated by" in the dashboard is blank.  I tested this theory with one of my customers with having him on the watchlist and then having him be the customer on a ticket.  We only add people to the watchlist that are already "customers" and have that email address on file.  Why is the system not recognizing them by their name? In example attached jploeger is on the watchlist and it recongized by sending the email to Jennifer Ploeger, her name as a customer.  But the response came back from jploeoger@... and not Jennifer Ploeger.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello Mary, 

Thank you for the extra information.  I was able to reproduce this issue and I have all of the screenshots needed. I am escalating this as a defect to Engineering and I will keep you posted on the outcome. 

Thank you for your patience. 
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Mary, 

Engineering has recognized the issue and it will be fixed in a future version, but there is not an ETA at this time regarding the fix, I'm sorry about that part.  Thank you for letting us know your findings.