cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Option or Trigger to Assign Default User when Out-of-Office or Unavailable

I am an IT department of one. I use an off-site consultant for IT help desk issues when I am out of the office. Our consultant is a user on our account. Is there any way for me to toggle on/off a trigger or option that will automatically assign all incoming incidents to the consultant when I am out of the office or will not be available (think vacations, personal days, etc.)? It is important for him to get on and stay on any issues that come in while he is covering for me. During those times, I will not be watching nor responding to emails or other business communications so it is important that he is the main contact/assignee. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Re: Option or Trigger to Assign Default User when Out-of-Office or Unavailable

Thank you for your reply. I did figure out a quick way of doing what I needed by creating a Group that contains the users who will be the assignees in my absence. I just change the default assignee to that Group and then new incidents go right to them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Adrian_I
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

In checking with the team, one suggestion was to go into the customer emails section and select to override.  Also, set up sending an auto-response that indicated you are unavailable but someone else will get back to them.  Then the other consultant can be actively looking for new incidents and take them over.

Hope this helps!

sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I did figure out a quick way of doing what I needed by creating a Group that contains the users who will be the assignees in my absence. I just change the default assignee to that Group and then new incidents go right to them.