cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee Wrall

Re-Opening a ticket

When I close a ticket and a customer replies to should it not re-open the ticket?
7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Re-Opening a ticket

Hi Lee,

You should be able to re-open the ticket if you wish, it says "re-open incident".
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
David Davenport
Active Contributor

I think what Lee means, and I'm seeing this too, when the customer replies to an incident that has been closed, i.e. to say "hey, this shouldn't have been closed!", an email is sent out and it shows up on the activity list, but the incident remains closed.

In my mind the incident should be reopened to ensure it is followed up on, otherwise if the email is missed the customer may get frustrated.
Lee Wrall

David is correct although I did think of an advantage, often customers reply to say thanks, in that situation it's better the call doesn't re open
Lee Wrall

David is correct although I did think of an advantage, often customers reply to say thanks, in that situation it's better the call doesn't re open
Brian Rain

Hi -

Did we ever get an full answer to this one? It seems that if a customer responds via email to a closed incident, the system should reopen it. I did use a work around with a trigger to add a comment and change Priorities and such, but it seems like a feature gap here.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi guys,

Thanks Brian for reviving this topic. In theory, triggers would be the best place to configure something like this, however we're missing a "Re-open" action to allow this to be set up (an oversight on our part).

We'll get something into an upcoming development sprint, and I'll post here once this addition is live.

Luke
jason1111
Active Contributor

Reviving this as I was about to post the same.  I also would like to see tickets automatically re-opened and added to the dashboard. So often I have missed an email when a customer has replied. The ticket gets updated but stays hidden in closed tickets.

Please can you advise if this was ever implemented or the best way to do this via triggers easily for all services. Thanks.