cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerry Adshead

Resolved but not closed incidents.

We often mark incidents as resolved but not closed as we sometimes have to wait for testing to be carried out at a later date or for a new release which could take some time. Is there a way we can Mark the incident as resolved and have the SLA clock stop? We have incidents that have been resolved before the resolve by date but it may be a month or 2 before a new release which means the Resolution date passes and fails. We would like to not close these incidents as we would like to keep them visible for follow up.
7 REPLIES 7
Jan21

Re: Resolved but not closed incidents.

We do  that all the time.  I have set up a trigger that when the Incident is "Changed to" "Resolved", to Stop the SLA Clock.  Then another trigger set up for when the incident "Changes From" "Resolved", the SLA clock starts back up. 
Kerry Adshead

Awesome Thanks Jan will give this a try 🙂
Kerry Adshead

Question Jan - When you use these triggers, if I have an SLA of lets say 72hrs for example, if i resolve but not close after 12hrs, and I put it back to not resolved later and the clock restarts, does it give you the remaining 60hrs back or will it give you a full 72hrs again?
Jan21

I am not 100% sure, but unfortunately I believe it starts it over. 
Kerry Adshead

Ok no problem, just wondered so i can manage it. Will test it and see what happens. Thanks for your help 🙂
Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

Does the sla time start over when you change the status and the clock starts back up?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Mary,
That change for an incident would qualify for the SLA to be reset.  Any change that pauses, then resets the clock will ultimately affect the SLA there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!