cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew Whitney

Service Desk API

I am having problems connecting to the Service Desk API, I have testing my calls using PostMan and they all work fine. However when i test from my localhost i am getting issues related to same origin policy. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
4 REPLIES 4
jemmyw
Active Contributor

Re: Service Desk API

Hi Andrew, we don't have cross-origin headers at the moment, although we may add them in the near future. What this means is that, as with many APIs, you cannot make the call directly from Javascript on a webpage because of browser security. The workaround would be to proxy the requests through the server hosting the website, using PHP, Rails, node.js, ASP, or whatever technology stack it is running on.
Andrew Whitney

Thanks Jemmy. I will go ahead and work on proxying requests in ASP. When you say near future, is their a definitive timeline for this?
Bishan Pandey

Is this still the case? I am in a env where i need to implement gotoassist through javascript because the backend (server) is precompiled 3rd party app with only access to modify template files. If there is any other way, people do it, let me know.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Bishan,
You'll likely have better results posting to the GoToAssist API forums here:  https://get.gotoassist.com/service-desk/developer-apis

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!