cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: TLS encryption for emails

The duplicate email issue has been fixed!
Bcshay
Active Contributor

That's great. Any plans to allow responses to notifications sent to the service desk to also be encrypted.
Chase Beydler

Brenden,

Email responses sent from a customer to the help desk aren't being encrypted? Just those coming from the help desk to customers/users?
Bcshay
Active Contributor

That is correct, Chase. In order for SMTP transport layer security to occur for emails sent to the service desk they must be configured to do so.

So in respect we have 50/50 secure SMTP communication with the service. I asked somewhere above about support for Exchange which would allow two-way secure SMTP.
Chase Beydler

That is what I was thinking. My employees like to imagine the portal just doesn't exist once they put the ticket in and only reply via email. What this means is enabling TLS coming out of Citrix really doesn't mean anything since followup emails are ones (after original ticket opening) that will usually contain sensitive information when we ask them for it. Good to know.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

One option is to disallow email to incident creation and disallow Customers from responding to notifications. They can go directly to the Customer Portal and respond to notifications...
Chase Beydler

I would be fine with that if the links on notification emails actually took them to the portal. We use the active directory passthrough that GoToAssist "offers" and I've asked them multiple times when we'll be able to modify the notification emails because of it. If someone clicks on the link to view their ticket in the email, they just get a login screen asking for a username and password that they haven't actually been set up with.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Same here. I was thinking about using DNS and creating a CNAME entry for *.assist.com but the IIS site won't allow URLs to be passed through it post authentication.

Can't wait till they support SAML 2.0 for Customers.
Chase Beydler

Thought the same thing when we first got the product. Couldn't find a way to make it work.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm following up with the ability to turn on similar secure mail delivery to our incoming mail servers. I'll keep you guys posted here.