cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

User & Customer Portal FLAT DESIGN

Email notifications from the Service Desk have the flat design why not update the UI(s) for the User and Customer Portal to also be Flat design? GoToMeeting has it as well for the web app and desktop app. The UX is largely driven by the UI and that's what makes a product pleasant and exiting use. 
39 REPLIES 39
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: User & Customer Portal FLAT DESIGN

Hey Brenden,

Similar to GoToMeeting, GoToAssist is also moving to the new style. For Service Desk you can go to Configure > Account-Wide Settings > Labs, and opt to try out the new look. We're still actively working on it and releasing updates regularly.

Feel free to turn it on and let us know what you think 🙂
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Luke, you just made my morning. It looks so nice I can't stop looking at it!!! FRESH
jason1111
Active Contributor

Arrgeh I switched the new look on to see what it was like. I didn't like the line spacing between incidents, I prever the compact view so switched it back off again but the line spacing in the incident dashboard has not reverted back and is in fact corrupt. 

How can I completely revert back to legacy view?
jason1111
Active Contributor

Ok I discovered that it's actually the 'Customize the columns visible in the incident dashboard' that messes up the incident dashboard. If that and new look is enabled it's ok, but if new look is disabled the incident board has spacing / cell padding issues.  See example:

jason1111
Active Contributor

Like the look but prefer the compact spacing between incidents on the dashboard in the current version.

Love the ability to customise the columns on the incident dashboard but since I can't have this active without the new look and large spacing I have to do without it.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Non compact spacing just wastes scarce screen real estate and reduces context content. Content trumps white space.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Are you as old as you look.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Much older glasshoppa.
jason1111
Active Contributor

Agreed, having to scroll when previously it was all within one page isn't so good. Hopefully this will be addressed as it's still beta I guess.