cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Users Cannot Send Emails due to RDNS issue

Please help! I've tried finding a solution on my side but I'm just not versed enough with this issue to continue troubleshooting it.

When my users respond to an updated incident via email, instead of updating the ticket the email is being bounced back as undeliverable:

serviceName@company.assist.com
ourMailServer.com
Remote Server returned '<OurMailServer.com #5.0.0 smtp;550 Missing RDNS entry.>'

I've opened a support case but I've had no response. What am I missing?

This was working until late last week and it is causing issues.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Re: Users Cannot Send Emails due to RDNS issue

Glenn,

While waiting for a reply I checked my exchange server for rules or policies and found nothing. I did the same for our firewall and I found an entry that was supposed to be in the whitelisting but was under domain settings. I removed that and it is working now. Thank you! We're good. This can be closed now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @sfczarnecki,

I've located your ticket and I'm checking with our support team now.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Thank you, Glenn.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

It's possible that some forwarding rules may have been changed, can you check your rules and that no changes to them have occured? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Thank you for the response. Can you clarify for me... when you refer to rules are you talking about exchange server rules, rules in my firewall, or is there an option in the service desk setting that I'm missing?

Also, I need to correct my initial inquiry...I used the wrong terminology. By "users" I mean customers (my network users), NOT the the tech admins. Sorry about that. I'm still catching on to this...

sfczarnecki
Active Contributor

Glenn,

While waiting for a reply I checked my exchange server for rules or policies and found nothing. I did the same for our firewall and I found an entry that was supposed to be in the whitelisting but was under domain settings. I removed that and it is working now. Thank you! We're good. This can be closed now.