cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jodee1

Users added to watchlist automatically when ticket is escalated

When our tickets are past the due date it is adding every user in service desk to the watchlist.  How do you prevent that?  There are users in there that have nothing to do with tickets and it keeps adding them to the watchlist so they keep getting email about tickets.  I need to prevent that.

I tried submitting a support request but they don't seem to understand what I mean.

Normal Watchlist for ticket creation:  Bob, Joe, Mary, Nancy

Once a ticket hits due date it automatically gets changed to: Bob, Joe, Mary, Nancy, Jimbob, Lucy

Jimbob and Lucy do not use tickets.. they do not want to receive ticket emails at all.  They use other portions of Gotoassist so they need to be users.

2 REPLIES 2
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Users added to watchlist automatically when ticket is escalated

How do you have Escalations configured for that particular service?

This is the default behavior below. If it's operating otherwise than there definitely is an issue with your account.
  1. Escalations

Click the Priority & Resolution 'more' link to specify the escalation timeframe for any given priority level. When an incident is escalated an email is sent to the service's administrators as well as the current assignee of the incident.

Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Users added to watchlist automatically when ticket is escalated

Check your Users Roles too. They should be a Standard User and not an Administrator.