cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgastonl
New Contributor

New Update - Can't unmute attendees

Unless I am overlooking something...but this new version you cannot unmute attendees once you put them on mute. Also there is a "mute" and "keep muted" selection. It seems that there should be an unmute then. This has caused us several issues in our meetings so far. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: New Update - Can't unmute attendees

Hi @Jgastonl,

Sorry for the confusion, there was a slight change. For attendee privacy, the unmute option has been replaced with an option to Request the attendee unmute themselves. When you select this option the see a prompt on their screen to unmute.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @  welcome to the community. Please review this support article for the GoTo App 

Jgastonl
New Contributor

Thanks Glenn. That information would be helpful if those options were actually there with the new app. Once you mute an attendee you can’t unmute them.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jgastonl,

Sorry for the confusion, there was a slight change. For attendee privacy, the unmute option has been replaced with an option to Request the attendee unmute themselves. When you select this option the see a prompt on their screen to unmute.

GBNgal
Active Contributor

Please give us back the Unmute All capability!

I know others are concerned, but I'll add my voice in the hope the developers are following these threads and will consider adding back the functionality we once had with the legacy version of GoToMeeting.  We conduct online Bible study twice per week.  It is essential that we have the ability to Mute All, which function was retained. 

However, it is proving difficult for our attendees to unmute themselves, for whatever reason.  Part of having a live online bible study is to "open the floor" to comments, discussion and prayer requests after we finish recording.  

I know the recommended solution is to send individual unmute requests to each attendee, but those are not working for the majority of our attendees.  I suspect that if we are not able to restore the previous functionality of Unmute All, our attendance at these studies will begin to drop off rapidly.  After all, we record and put each study on YouTube.  The only benefit to using GoToMeeting live is to have the interaction afterwards.  

This is the only resource some of our attendees have since Covid, and in some cases physical isolation and poor health keep them from attending local churches.  I would hope that someone in R & D would consider this issue an important enough one to restore the simple ability to effectively unmute all.  Thank you.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Please give us back the Unmute All capability!

@GBNgal welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for your detailed post, it does sound like you need the unmute option with this scenario. 

I moved the thread here, please see @GlennD post here, the feature was removed as a privacy enhancement. We will certainly let our team know that customers would like the feature back. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

City1906

Great. We finally have our answer. We were thinking that the new GUI was just broken, not that the unmute option (by the organizer) was removed. We have kitchen staff that call in and are banging around during the meeting, their hands full. The organizer unmutes them when its their turn to talk. Well, this is what we used to do. Now we just listen to everyone banging around during the meeting since the organizer can't unmute them at will when they are called upon to speak. We're intending on looking for a replacement meeting software once our annual subscription runs out. This is a must have feature for effective meetings. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @City1906, welcome to the community.

Attendees dialing in by telephone can always mute and unmute themselves by dialing *6 after joining the conference call.