Allow customization of the default invitation text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I regularly create GoToMeeting sessions and pop the details intothe bottom of a calendar invite so both the link and the dial details are clear to see from there.

Every time I copy the text out I format it to strip out most of the text that's there. All I ever really want is:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/IDHERE
 Canada: +1... [rest of number]
 United Kingdom: +44... [rest of number]
 United States: +1... [rest of number]

Access Code: [code / meeting ID here]

It is quite frustrating removing the unnecessary lines every time to keep the info to the stuff my attendees actually need, I would dearly love to be able to pick a format for default clipboard copy that makes this easier! I know many of my colleagues do the same thing.

I have previously provided feedback about this, but since then you've changed the default text that gets copied and it is longer and more frustrating to format now.

It's a shame as your software is still the best way for me to screenshare and demo to colleagues & clients, so I end up doing this quite a lot! 🙂 The screen share quality vs Google Hangouts is generally much better.

Andy

77 Comments
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor
I'm sorry that automatic custom text settings are only available with GoToWebinar and GoToTraining at this time.  However, we have implemented a couple new features that you can personalize, like Meet.Me , and Meeting Spaces!

If you haven't already checked out these cool new customizations, check them out here:  https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/all_files/G2M020016

https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M020027?title=Public+Meeting+Spaces+%28B...

Roland11
Hi, how do I edit the default email template to include company logo?

Also is the system bilingual? If so, how can I ensure English users get an English email and French users get an email in their language?

Thanks.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Roland,
Each service has it's own branding options, and also Administrator overrides depending on how large the account is. 

GoToMeeting Logos can also be managed online, through the settings area:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/add-logos-and-branding-g2m550006

At this time, the email services of GoToWebinar and GoToTraining only support one language at a time.  I apologize if this inconveniences you in some way.

Rob Hall
I find it very frustrating to have to edit the text in ALL of my GoToMeeting invitations.  It's crazy to me that this capability still hasn't been enabled!
TomerTishgarten
I am an iPhone user and the following time-saver may not apply to others. Here's the problem:

The current default invite format displays the conference bridge number and the access code on two lines with a line break. For example:

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States : +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 123-456-789

Can you change it BACK to the old format of:

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States : +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 123-456-789 

On my iPhone (iOS 10.2), eliminating the extra line-break makes the dial-in and access code a hyperlink so I can tap on both in the invite and once the G2M announcement would play I can tap the access code on the bottom-left of my iPhone screen (vs. having to enter in the 9 digit access code). I'm now having to go in to each invite to eliminate the extra line break. The new formatting makes making on-the-go calls painful (I have to either memorize or write down the access code while mobile so that I can dial it).

Can you revert back to the old format?
m Gros
New Contributor
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hello. It is still not possible to customize the message of invitations sent by O....

Hello. It is still not possible to customize the message of invitations sent by Outlook?
Thank you.
Matt Lauer
I too would love to have the functionality to insert at the top of an email thread.
Melissa L Espos
This is an excellent suggestion. Thanks for the great idea!
Melissa L Espos
Another vote for customization features, especially when using the outlook plug-in.  I want to make my calendar invites more readable and user friendly. I cannot imagine why there are not at least a couple of setup options with rich text capabilities.

I would actually like to have multiple preferences (like multiple e-mail signatures) depending on the nature of the call I'm scheduling.

1. Meet Now - using G2M access number
2. Meet Now - using an alternate conference line
3. Future Meeting - using a unique meeting ID
4. Future Meeting - using the Meet Now meeting # and access number
5. Future Meeting - using the Meet Now meeting # and alternate access phone number
6. Recurring Meeting - using a unique meeting ID
7. Recurring Meeting - using the Meet Now meeting # and access number
simspot
Wow... Didn't know this but you are totally right.  Does this work the same on Android?