Allow customization of the default invitation text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I regularly create GoToMeeting sessions and pop the details intothe bottom of a calendar invite so both the link and the dial details are clear to see from there.

Every time I copy the text out I format it to strip out most of the text that's there. All I ever really want is:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/IDHERE
 Canada: +1... [rest of number]
 United Kingdom: +44... [rest of number]
 United States: +1... [rest of number]

Access Code: [code / meeting ID here]

It is quite frustrating removing the unnecessary lines every time to keep the info to the stuff my attendees actually need, I would dearly love to be able to pick a format for default clipboard copy that makes this easier! I know many of my colleagues do the same thing.

I have previously provided feedback about this, but since then you've changed the default text that gets copied and it is longer and more frustrating to format now.

It's a shame as your software is still the best way for me to screenshare and demo to colleagues & clients, so I end up doing this quite a lot! 🙂 The screen share quality vs Google Hangouts is generally much better.

Andy

77 Comments
Mathew1
Hi Ash! Is there perhaps and FAQ I can see about how to do this?

Thank you!
Mathew1
I misread your comment, is there a way to edit the initial template that is created?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Mathew,

I'm sorry no, at this time that cannot be customized.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

The GoToMeeting invitation template its self that's created cannot be altered, but you can add / delete what ever you like once the message populates locally.

webbjh3

Even with the space removed, the dial in does not always work on my Apple Devices.  

The best solution is to add a line explicitly formatted for mobile.

Example 1-222-333-4444;123456789#

Currently, I have to reformat all my meetings so all my remote users can quickly and easily join or re-join a meeting.  

This is such an easy fix for both Apple and Android!  Why isn't it done???

bdjohnson14

Is there any progress on addressing this since September 2017?  Seems there's a lot of people requesting this feature.

Springboard1

I use the Outlook plugin to schedule meetings, which then creates a Meeting Invitation in Outlook.

The only problem is that the text content of the invitation email is a mess.  It has unneccessary information like the one-click phone numbers, and the order of information is not right for us.

How can I edit the template so that the invitation email contains only the information I want to send, and in the order I want to send it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Springboard1  While the default invite layout cannot be changed yet, one idea mentioned on this thread was to create a 'signature' in your email application with additional meeting information if needed.

Springboard1

I asked LogMeIn support on the phone to submit a feature request.

They said to post to this forum but it now seems that this is a community forum and the only people from LogMeIn are here to give comments only.

There is no way to submit a bug or feature request!

Feature requests and bug reports are basic requirements for a software company, and LogMeIn has failed to implement them.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Springboard1  You are right, this thread has been marked as an 'idea' for future enhancements.  I am sorry we have not developed the function, and commenting here yourself will help us gage new use cases in the future.