Desktop shortcut to launch Meet.me personal meeting page

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I would be "delighted" to have the option to create a desktop shortcut to my meeting room. Any chance of that being a feature down the road?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Can I "start" using my personalized meeting URL from the desktop app without logg....

3 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Rich,

If you use Google Chrome as your web browser, you can do this already with any web page. Just go to your GoToMeet.me page and select Add to desktop from Chrome's menu as shown below.

Rich Price
New Contributor
Right, but then you still have to wait for the page to load. Then click the red bar that launches the meeting. Then close the left over browser window. I do this dance at least 9 times a day.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Yes, that is true if you are using the GoToMeeting desktop software. If you do not have the desktop software installed and use the WebApp, you don't have to go through all of that. With our desktop software, all external links have to use our launcher process to start the software.

If you right-click the GoToMeeting system tray icon and select My Meetings, you can start your GoToMee.me meeting directly from there with a click. It's still more than one click but it bypasses the launcher flow.