cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Frequently, during the meeting we would like to share files to respective team member. It would be nice if Gotomeeting has this feature. Our current workaround is to make someone presenter just to show one file and take control back but it is not the right way,

80 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Currently we do not have a built in file sharing feature, however you can work around this by uploading the file to a service like http://www.sharefile.com/ and then pasting a link to the file in the Chat.

Kelly Welch
Thanks Glenn,

I don't think anybody wants to pay $100 per month just for this capability.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
There are other free services out there that provide a similar service for small files.
Kelly Welch
I guess we will use WeTransfer. That seems to work well.
surban62
We're also looking for to be able to attach slides to the webinar link so that participants can download them prior to the session. Are there any solutions for this?
Rich Baughman
We are sometimes on GTM calls doing support and would like to have an attendee be able to send a screenshot of an error to the moderator/presenter, or just send a file, rather than showing it to everyone with the hassle of passing control and having them figure out how to show their screen. It would be much faster if you could just have a Send File button in the Chat control area, much like iMessage (Apple) and other IM clients have.
Bernard1
I would vote for this feature also. Interesting to hear WebEx has it, I may take a look at that for our company.
Vlad11
We have had WebEx at our firm for over 14 years and have decided to switch to GoToMeeting because of costs.

Come to find out the simple ability to Copy/Paste in a meeting is not available.
WHAT?

Alot of the support our firm provides involves copying over scripts and other information.

Pretty frustrating.

And still no response from Citrix.
Way to listen to your customers.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Vlad, if your primary use is support I would recommend looking at GoToAssist Remote Support, it is designed for this purpose. http://www.gotoassist.com
Vlad11
GoToAssist does not have the conference call functionality that GoToMeeting does...So now we need to pay for two products? Yes, I can have them call me directly but what about when multiple users need to join(which happens most of the time).

Do you know why this isn't available in GoToMeeting?