The ability to lock a meeting so no one else can join.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

Is it possible to lock the meeting once attendees have joined? I use a recurring meeting channel, and can not guarantee client confidentiality.

Join.me has an awesome lock feature.

13 Comments
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager
Hi Kevin,

No not currently. This is the first time I've seen this requested so I'm changing this Topic to an Idea.

Right now the best way to ensure privacy is to schedule the meeting as a one off rather than recurring.
Kevin Mitchell
Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply, Glenn.

Perhaps in the not too distant future.
Kevin Krusiewic
this is critical if you are using a recurring meeting
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager
Hi Kevin,

If privacy is concern for a meeting I would recommend starting a Meet Now or scheduling a specific meeting, rather than using a recurring meeting that has been shared with multiple attendees in the past.
Kevin Krusiewic
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Feature Request.

would like a meeting lock feature in GotoMeeting similar to join.me. this allows a user to give the same URL to any attendee but not have people barging into meetings where they don't belong
Kevin Krusiewic
I see your point Glenn. I'm hoping to automate my meeting setup. I use timetrade.com to let people schedule training with me, which syncs with my google calendar. The problem is I have to manually send each trainee GotoMeeting information.

If you guys can allow a meeting lock where I can selectively let people in, I can use your recurring meeting feature to automate the sending of meeting info via timetrade appointments. I could do this now with join.me.

GotoMeeting could also build a competitive feature to TimeTrade that would allow people to see my Google Calendar availability, sign up for a slot, and get emailed the meeting info with meeting request, dial in, G2M info, etc.
Kevin Mitchell
It seems like the Kevin's have the great ideas.

I use my meetings in exactly the same way. Recurring. I then use another application that allows my clients to book time with me when best suits them.

As this is an automated process, sending the changing meeting link right before the meeting would not allow the client to prepare / arrive early.

I am sure you have spent 30 minutes of your meeting helping the person connect to the meeting before. I now have two GTM accounts that we alternate between if we have meetings right after each other. Which, does away with the whole automation idea.

Ho hum.
Martin Vlach
Active Contributor
Hello, I found this two years old topic so I use it to ask: is the function of locking a meeting already implemented? Thanks.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Martin,
The feature is currently available with GoToTraining by closing the registration at specific times, but is not available for GoToMeeting, as it doesn't have an Attendee Registration option.  If you want to try out GoToTraining, we offer free trials at https://www.gotomeeting.com/training .

Spyro Malaspina
make this feature available of locking a conference. it seems easy enough as all of the other conference services have made this available.