cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Frequently, during the meeting we would like to share files to respective team member. It would be nice if Gotomeeting has this feature. Our current workaround is to make someone presenter just to show one file and take control back but it is not the right way,

80 Comments
DHinfosec

Good afternoon. Why hasnt the copy paste function between desktops been enabled. I saw this was brought up years ago and i cant get it to work. Am i missing something or is there a good reason why this hasnt been enable. chat box is not good, and furthermore I dont was passwords in the chat box. security is always important here.

jacobsstcg
Regular Visitor

I know this thread is marked resolved, and I think the work around of using a dedicated file sharing service to create sharing URLs was an acceptable back in 2014.   The problem is the market has evolved from 2014, and now having basic file sharing via your meeting solution is a common feature.  I manage a lot of GTM licenses at our organization and this has come up as a request several times.  GoToMeeting needs to seriously prioritize implementing this if they want to stay competitive in the market.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jacobsstcg  Thanks for your input.  This is still an 'idea' that we're considering for later development.

jacobsstcg
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply @AshC .  It's good to hear that GTM is considering adding this.   We have several engineers who are quite vocal the competitors have this feature at GTM does not.  Is there any roadmap with other features that are in the development pipeline?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jacobsstcg  I cannot really say what the timeline for this might be, though I expect new development roadmaps to be out in early 2021 so I may have a better idea then.

Linda_R
New Contributor

7+ years in the Roadmap seems to indicate that the priority is set low and it will never be done.  That is sad considering as others have pointed out that there are plenty of competitors with this feature.   As soon as someone higher up than my group tries to do this and realizes that it's not available I'm sure I will be directed to find a different conferencing solution.

Linda_R
New Contributor

Not just copy and paste, but real file sharing.  Upload a file to the chat that all participants can download.

NFish
Visitor

Best practice file sharing allows users to share and control VIEWING of file attachments but avoid file downloads.  Competitors Microsoft and Cisco Webex understand the value of digital meetings where users share files enabling users on varying device (screens) to control UX file navigation via in-app document viewers without incurring InfoGov / Privacy data loss risks.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating