cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Added security question: Is it really you?

Getting message when attempting to log in:

Is it really you? For added security, we need to verify your email address...

Anyone else seeing this?

GoTo Support just told me it's a new HIPPA compliance feature installed in the last 2 weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Added security question: Is it really you?

@Dan Keyes If you or another user is experiencing recurring issues with this security measure, you may contact Customer Support directly to have certain locations 'white-listed' in order to make allowances within the RBA system.

31 REPLIES 31
LogMeIn Contributor

@Dan Keyes  Sorry for any confusion there.

• Our new security measures place a Risk Based Authentication (RBA) number on login attempts.
  • If an login attempt is deemed suspicious, or out of normal pattern, the RBA score will increase
  • When their RBA number is high, a verification code email is sent to the user and they must complete the challenge
  • After the challenge is completed, the risk factor score is reset  

Active Contributor

Hi, any explanation as to how RBA numbers are set? Our organization sets up recurring meetings on a monthly calendar and any one of dozens of employees may actually log in to start the meeting. Recently, just one is getting this message, but since they don't have have access to email they cannot receive and enter the verification code. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Dan Keyes 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Dan Keyes If you or another user is experiencing recurring issues with this security measure, you may contact Customer Support directly to have certain locations 'white-listed' in order to make allowances within the RBA system.

Active Contributor

Okay that's great. Thanks. If this user continues to experience issues we will do just that, white-list her. Thanks again.

New Contributor

Verification code Email problems

Hi,

On some machines we were asked for a verification code in order to log in, but we never get one. The mail address is correct, we've checked our spam filters etc. but we still don't get the verification code. Can we disable the 2-factor authentification at all?

Markus

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Verification code Email problems

@markus-ngb  I apologize for the difficulty.

If the Email address you use to login with is a real address, and you have checked your spam / firewall filters for the verification Emails, then you may contact Customer Support directly to see if the email address has sent back too many returns.  Once the Email is checked, we can test sending again --- however the 'send-block' may return again if your filter is not corrected.

Active Contributor

So, I followed advice and called Support to have this user white-listed. I was told by Support that this is not possible; they do not have the ability to white-list people/devices. They said that since this RBA system was recently implemented, a lot of users are experiencing the same thing right now. The only work-around is to change to a non-generic email address, one that actually receives the verification code, and plug that code in in order to continue. The more times a user is succesfully verified, the less frequent the challenges become.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Dan Keyes  We can certainly manually approve specific locations.  I apologize if there was any confusion.

I will have someone follow up with you shortly.