cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Allow the iOS App to use the regular iPhone earpiece (with VoIP).

I'm using the GTM Iphone app. I've stumbled upon a problem where I can't get the app to use the regular phone speaker (versus the speakerphone). I've tried the audio source option but it doesn't seem to work - there are two entries there with the same name -IPhone and IPhone. Neither allows me to use the regular phone speaker. My users are asking for this because sometimes they host voice conferences from public places where there is others close by . The only way to get around it is to use a headset but I think t think this should a way to do this in the otherwise great app. Is there a way to do this or is this a bug/feature request?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Allow the iOS App to use the regular iPhone earpiece (with VoIP).

Hi Marek,

If the user happens to be starting the meeting from our iPhone App, they will need to wait for someone else to join, then make them the Presenter and hand off the meeting. They can then exit the App and dial back in on the phone line.

As GoToMeeting was not designed specifically for audio only meetings, it is assumed that when using the App you will also be looking at the screen and use headphones if needed.

I've edited the title and switched this to an Idea, so it can be considered for a future release.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Marek,

If the user happens to be starting the meeting from our iPhone App, they will need to wait for someone else to join, then make them the Presenter and hand off the meeting. They can then exit the App and dial back in on the phone line.

As GoToMeeting was not designed specifically for audio only meetings, it is assumed that when using the App you will also be looking at the screen and use headphones if needed.

I've edited the title and switched this to an Idea, so it can be considered for a future release.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

A call typically has fully attached attendees and some people who are "at the wrong place" at the moment. Having audio only mode with the phone speaker is essential for them.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed. I typically want to use the iPhone app when I have to take a call on the road and the lack of this function negates the usefulness of the app for me. Seems like a major oversight that wouldn't be too hard to fix!