cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Application stuck Verifying communications

My colleagues and I are having problems joining an outgoing meeting. Our coworkers abroad are able to join, but out computers are stuck "Verifying communications". All computers are running Windows 10. We've tried both the app and the web version. The internet connection is working adequately, and this has never happened before.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Application stuck Verifying communications

Hi Gabriela,
I apologize, you may be affected by a service disruption if this is only affecting one area.  We have identified a service provider problem, and will update our status page with more info soon:  http://status.gotomeeting.com/

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Gabriela, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with joining your meeting. Are you and your affected colleagues all on the same network? If so, do you have a cellphone capable of using cell data to create a WiFi hotspot to temporarily connect to? It's possible that our traffic is being blocked or hindered in some way, and your IT department may need to review our firewall configuration guide.

New Contributor

Hi Michael, we are having the same issue a lot of times every week. We are currently not blocking anything in our firewall. Could you provide more steps to resolve this problem?
New Contributor

Thought I should let you know that our problem was resolved after this was resolved. Thank you!
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Coert,
Each environment is going to be different, but the firewall document referenced above contains static information concerning the GoTo connections, IP ranges, and executable files to be allowed.  Depending if you are in a home environment or office, and if you have local software firewalls or networked, the steps could vary greatly.

Have you checked out the document and started troubleshooting the network or firewalls?

New Contributor

I just experienced that issue on a newly imaged Win 10 machine. It turned out to have nothing to do with a firewall or anti-virus. If you're running UAC you must either disable or remove UAC or use an elevated privilege thru a cmd prompt after you've downloaded the installer. This seems to be an issue only on Win 10 machines due to it's added security features.