cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Attendees can't unmute once they mute audio using computer audio

Lately, when my meeting attendees join a Go To Meeting using the computer audio, they can't unmute themselves after the mute the audio.  From their perspective, it looks like they are unmuted, but they can't be heard by the rest of the attendees. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Attendees can't unmute once they mute audio using computer audio

OK -- my suspicion is that they may not be using Chrome to join through the web-app, which is important because Explorer and Firefox have some restrictions with the VoIP connections.  What you might consider suggesting is that they use the telephone instead of mic & speakers if this is the case.

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

@amoniuszko  Was this using GoToWebinar or GoToMeeting?  They both have different muting behavior...

New Contributor

@AshC It happens with GoToMeeting.

LogMeIn Contributor

Technically GoToMeeting uses a 'softmute' functionality most of the time, where even if an Organizer were to press the Mute-All button, Attendees may still unmute themselves one at a time.

In the case where any participant cannot use their Mute command correctly, I would probably want to narrow down the variables by asking for information about the Operating System, Web-App Vs. Desktop App, and what kind of network they're on -- shared vs. private etc.  There may be some things in common that these participants have in common?

After that, we'd be able to start an investigation if an affected attendee can call into support from one of the problem PCs.

New Contributor

@AshC 

They are using Windows operating system.  They are on a state government network.    They access Go To Meeting from my invitation (attached to a calendar invite), so I would imagine they would be using the web application. I don't believe they have the desktop application.    

That being said some of the participants who are experiencing this issue are accessing the meeting from within the firewall on the state network (they are state employees), and others are accessing the meeting from the Guest network (outside of the firewall).   The item in common seems to be their accessing the audio from their computer vs. the phone.

I am not sure the attendees have the time to spend working through a support call, but I can ask.  How long does the troubleshooting usually take?  Is there any other way to start an investigation?

LogMeIn Contributor

OK -- my suspicion is that they may not be using Chrome to join through the web-app, which is important because Explorer and Firefox have some restrictions with the VoIP connections.  What you might consider suggesting is that they use the telephone instead of mic & speakers if this is the case.

New Contributor

@AshC 

I spoke to one of the people who had this issue last week. He was using Chrome. Today,  he was unable to mute. He also received the following error in his Chrome browser. I wanted to share it as it might help troubleshoot the issue:

["JSON error in Setting", "sessionTrackingID",{},"ul-8065875a-20ac-4686-a888-af0cda97ebd1",{}]

/15.0.13/scripts/sessionEntry.js:74

LogMeIn Contributor

@amoniuszko  Thanks.  That error can indicate a problem with the javascript on that web browser.  Make sure they update this before the start of your next meeting (there's no cost), and the performance on the web app should improve there.