cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Attendees cannot hear me

Good morning!

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, and use the Web App on Chromium 75.0.3770.100, and I work with computer audio. Since the last update of GoToMeeting my attendees are no longer able to hear me, although I could hear them. The audio settings looked normal, but I wasn't shown as one of the current speakers during the meeting, nor the attendees could hear a word from me. I would appreciate your help in order to solve this issue.

Kind regards.

11 REPLIES 11
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Attendees cannot hear me

Hi @Alemán_FCEyT 

Sorry about the loss of VoIP there.

Can you go to https://app.gotomeeting.com/home.html and click on the padlock icon on the left of the address bar?  Then try toggling the settings to ask?

New Contributor

Dear @AshC :

Thanks for your answer. I tried looking at the padlock as you explained, but everything seems to be normal. Here you can see a screen-capture:

Captura de pantalla de 2019-07-13 09-43-03.pngOnly cookies are blocked, and the website only asked for permission in relation to notifications, which was accepted. Is there something wrong there, or anything else I can do?

LogMeIn Contributor

You can also try resetting the browser back to default / or reinstalling from scratch. 

New Contributor

We have the same experience. Around June 17th, one of the participants on the call would no longer hear anyone else yet the other participants were still able to hear him/her. (S)he would disconnect from the call and then call back in and everything would be fine for the rest of the call. The issue impacts callers using a VoIP conference phone. Callers using a smartphone, VoIP phone, softphone, or laptop/desktop audio/mic appear to be fine. Also, it happens when GoToMeeting is launched and when it isn't. This has occurred over 10 times since mid-June 2019. Do you have any ideas?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Gwen,

I apologize for the trouble there. 

Since the problems began, have you identified any recurring attendees reporting the behavior? 

Do you know exactly how they are connecting, through which device or browser?

New Contributor

Thanks! There seems be no pattern in terms of the Go To Meeting account used or users. The users that seem to be impacted the most are those who are using teleconferencing equipment and less frequently those who call in using the VoIP desk phone and smartphone.  Also, the issue occurs even when no browser is used. For example, callers use their phones and only call into the meeting and no one (including the meeting organizer) launches Go To Meeting. Therefore, it seems it is not browser or device dependent either.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Gwen1  That behavior should not happen regardless of how the attendees join.  We can investigate VoIP issues some time after a failure occurs, but unfortunately with telephone problems we need to know the Caller ID, Conference ID, and GoTo phone number dialed within 24 hours in order to trace the issue back to its source.

New Contributor

Thanks @AshC! I will collect this information on the next occurence. The last incident was more than 24 hours ago.
New Contributor

@AshC - I have the details of the latest incident. It happened yesterday. I was wondering how I can submit the info for the incident?