cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Attendees in a hold room in GTM

I have been trying to figure out if there is a way in GoTo Meeting to put the attendees in a hold room and manually let them in. I find that when I am running a meeting, it would be great for the presenter and I to be in the room first to be able to discuss some things and then let the attendees in later.

I know this is possible with GoTo Webinar and the broadcast step, but wondered if there is anythign similar in GoTo Meeting.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Attendees in a hold room in GTM

@cventura  The only 'holding' function in GoToMeeting currently is the meeting-Lock feature, which simply closes the door to entry for any participant not currently in-session.

New Contributor

Yes I saw this feature! In theory it could work. However, I'm guessing I would have to make the presenter a co-organizer in order for them to be allowed into the meeting when it is locked? The other issue I run into is that the attendees join REALLY early. So as soon as I open the meeting they are already waiting to join (So I guess I would have to kick them out when this happens... or open even earlier).

Thanks for your response!

LogMeIn Contributor

Yeah, that's really what GoToWebinar was designed for:  Waiting rooms and Attendee management.