cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Audio lowers and stays low when I enter settings

I join a GTM in Chrome. The volume is fine and at the right level. If I click the settings cog then my volume lowers (not the pc volume though) so that I can't hear anyone. I close settings and it stays low. I can raise the volume on my PC but randomly at some point it will return to the correct volume and be very loud because I changed my PC volume. Is this normal?

5 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Audio lowers and stays low when I enter settings

@unixmit  When managing audio settings, it can be normal to have a slight dimming effect overall, but this should not last once you close those out completely.  Can you say exactly how long it takes the volume to return each time?

Active Contributor

It happened for almost the durarion of the entire call so about 30 mins. I tired openeing and closing the settings bar numerous times  but it didn't return. It was more than a slight lowering of the audio. I could hardly hear them.

LogMeIn Contributor

@unixmit  If this happens every time you join a GoToMeeting through the Chrome Web App, could you also specify what operating system, Chrome version, and audio hardware (+connection type) ?

Active Contributor

I am in a meeting now and I clicked the settings cog and then straight away clicked it again to get rid of it. Now my volume is still low 10 minutes later.

I am on Windows 7

Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am using a Plantronics USB headset.

Active Contributor

Same thing happens to my friend on his laptop. I see in the sound settings for chrome that it has been lowered but it never returns unless i do it manually.2018-12-03_15-52-18.png