cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Automatic Recording

I work remotely from home and use GTM to meet with clients and internal staff almost daily.  It's not uncommon for me to have back to back meetings all day long.  For many meetings, I need to record the meeting but am continually forgetting to press record.  I know that automatic recording is available on GoToWebinar.  Why not make the same feature available for GTM?  I know that many other users in our company would benefit from this feature as well.  I have also noticed several requests from other users in this online community.  PLEASE add automatic recording as an option for meetings.  Thanks in advance!   - Barry

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Automatic Recording

This is how GoToWebinar works and we were THRILLED when it was implemented, however, it is not available for GoToMeeting - that is what is being requested, and I second that. My reasoning is more for archiving the meetings of my team for internal training purposes, and I can't depend on them remembering to hit record each time.

Love the new cloud recordings feature - as it was previously difficult to share with others, but I really need the recording defaulted as ON just like GoToWebinar does. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Automatic Recording

@BarryW @ebirstler  Although I don't have any new information to share yet, the moment automatic-recording becomes available we will definitely update you here. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Automatically record GoToMeetings?

Please update this post to not display as 'solved' given this feature is not yet available. Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Please Bring Auto Recording to browser app

Your competitor records by default... I lost a meeting because  your interface requires manual input for every meeting. Please fix this! I have cloud recording on by default.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Feedback Team of GotoMeeting.. 

I created an account in your portal just to give you one simple update that if you think that by not giving automatic cloud recording of meeting feature in GotoMeeting will motivate people to upgrade to GotoWebinar then I am sorry my friend.. you are wrong.. no one will go for GotoWebinar when there attendees count is less than 50 and pay for such a huge amount to your GotoWebinar portal.

Its a basic feature which you should include in your portal of GotoMeeting otherwise people like me would be more than happy to shift to other userfriendly portals like Zoom.

There is a concept called Benchmarking.. please go and read what it is.. If you want to stay in the competitive market.. first learn how to benchmark your offerings with competitors then think about any other USP..

Felt like what you guys have learnt.. no one understand the value of the customers feedback?? I can see customers complaining since 2016... dude.. i bothered to create my account in your portal just to update you that you should learn this if you want to stay in the market and get business.. 

I am telling you 99% customers must have read these threads and laughed on you and must have swithed to some other providers like zoom...

Anyways.. Its your company.. you know what is best.. All the best!

I am happy to switch to Zoom. Bubye!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Is there a way to set up Gotomeeting so by default all meeting are recorded?

It has been 3 years. Is this feature on the roadmap?
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: how can i configure automatic recording for all our gotomeeting users?

Is this on the roadmap? Zoom offers this feature. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Automatic Recordings

Is Automatic Recordings for meetings on the GoToMeeting roadmap? I see this idea was originally posted back in 2016 and still in 2020, there has been no update on this. 

Zoom offers this feature which gives it a competitive advantage as Sales Reps tend to forget to manually record the meeting prior to their presentations. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I agree. When comparing Zoom and GoToMeeting on paper, they look very similar. While GoToMeeting offers Smart Notes over Zoom, the need for automatic recording needs to happen, especially in the video sharing realm.

The origination for this idea looks to start back in 2016 and yet there has been no update.