cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Being kicked out of meetings

GTM is kicking us out of meetings from time to time. Only common theme I've heard is while recording, but not all is happening with this. 

By being kicked out, I mean:
Audio Dropping
Losing connection
When re-join the meeting, organizer is not being recognized as the organizer 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Being kicked out of meetings

@KarenBeau  I understand where your coming from, Karen.  Can you try changing the location of your local recording files to something different, through the GoToMeeting desktop preferences?  Make sure the new folder / location is on your local PC, and has enough disc space for a 100+ Mb recording file.

Alternatively you may record to your own GoToMeeting's Cloud Recording storage to confirm that this is a local problem in the Windows environment.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hey Kelsey,

I'm sorry to hear you have recently experienced issues with GoToMeeting disconnects. We'll be happy to look into that further with you to diagnose and resolve those connection issues. I would first recommend updating your audio and video drivers directly from your computer manufacturer's website. Once those have been updated I would recommend re-testing and seeing if you can reproduce. If updating the audio and video drivers does not resolve the issue please contact our technical support department directly so they can assist in more advanced troubleshooting. Our technical support team can be reached 24/7 at http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/phone
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Jess,

I am having the same trouble.  I usually last about 5 minutes before being kicked out.  This is a recurring process and it happens during the entirieity of the meeting.  I have had this occur on two separate laptops.  It is very likely to occur is someone in the meeting is screensharing.  I have not however had any issues from gotomeeting on my Android phone.

One laptop is Windows 10 with everything up to date and not connected to any external devices.  The other is Windows 7 also with all drivers up to date, but with many external devices attached.
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jonathan, have you been experiencing this issue on the same network with both laptops? Does anyone else on that network experience similar problems?

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is happening to me today.  GTM 'kicked out' student but student was still there via audio and it was kind of creepy.  How does that even happen?  
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Valeri,
There aren't any known issues around an experience of this type.  If you did not dismiss the Attendee specifically, it could have been a malfunction on their side.

We'd like to investigate any reports by connecting with the affected participant to collect log files from the computer in question.  Only then can we determine the point of failure or cause for dismissal.  Please contact us directly via phone when you have the ability to work with us and the affected location:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus

New Contributor

I have been experiencing the same thing on a Windows 10 Lenovo PC with all drivers updated. It has been happening consistently for the last 4 weeks during conference calls with a client that uses GoTo Meeting. We finally had to give up and switch to a different service because I couldn't successfully stay connected to a meeting. It wasn't happening for anyone else but I could never resolve why it was happening on my side. No issues with the other conferencing service we're using.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@tstevens  I'm sorry to hear about that.

Are these GoToMeeting failures occurring around a similar time -- like 5 or 10 minutes into the session?

Since the problems began, have you done anything to troubleshoot? I would suggest an uninstall / re-install of the GoToMeeting desktop software first, followed by a check of any local security / firewall software that may be acting in the background.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Everytime I click 'record' the Goto meeting menu totally disappears and kicks me out. I can't even start meeting again! This has happened three times today. Very inconvenient! I use Goto meeting all the time, and this is first time this is happening. I still have two more meetings to go today and my clients want recordings!

I even uninstalled app and re-installed.

HELP!!!!!!!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @KarenBeau ,

Sorry about the problems there.

Are you setting these recordings to store locally or in your online account (cloud based recording)?

What operating system are you using GoToMeeting with>?