cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Calendar plugin won't enable and COM addin checkbox won't stay checked

We're quite familiar with Outlook disabling the slow-to-start GoToMeeting Calendar Plugin, so much so that the end-users now know to just go into Slow and Disabled COM Addins and override-enable it. 

I have one user (Windows 7 / Outlook 2016) who presses the Enable button and nothing happens. When we go into Options > Add-ins >  COM Addins and check the unchecked checkbox for the Calendar Plugin, it doesn't stay checked. We've uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin and also updated Outlook to 1808 Build 10730.20304 which works for everyone else. 

What is the next level of troubleshooting when you've followed all the directions and the directions don't work?

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Calendar plugin won't enable and COM addin checkbox won't stay checked

@flashEE  While we work on finalizing the new Outlook plugin for GoToMeeting Organizers, you can also try this Outlook CLI installer as a last resort.

** Note:  Do not run as administrator **

Active Contributor

Hi AshC. I ran the batch file from the user's c:\temp and it appeared to run normally.  However, when I launched Outlook 2016 the plugin still showed as disabled in Slow and Disabled COM add-ins and didn't respond to clicking the Enable button. It also appeared as before as unchecked under Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins and when the checkbox was checked, the status was not retained.

Thinking back to ye olde Outlooks of yore, where you had to run Outlok as Administrator to make some changes here, I tried that also, but the results were no different.

I'm off the user's computer now (or I'd just try it) but I see on my own computer the key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins that your batch file references has a LoadBehavior value of 3 for the GoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin, as well as others I am overriding. Can I just add REG_DWORD LoadBehavior and set it to 3 to force Outlook to enable the plugin?

LogMeIn Contributor

@flashEE  I haven't tried that approach before, but have read several MS forums where users complained of similar behavior with other plugins.  It's unclear to me why only some users have this problem when they are running the identical Outlook versions.

Active Contributor

Unfortunately, LoadBehavior was alreaday set to (3) but for whatever reason, Outlook appears to be ignoring the setting. I did find under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Addmins\GoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin a whole lot of 00's where I have data. Here is the problem computer. I only have 1, 6, 8 and they all have values.outlookplugin.PNG

New Contributor

@flashEE wrote:

Unfortunately, LoadBehavior was alreaday set to (3) but for whatever reason, Outlook appears to be ignoring the setting. I did find under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Addmins\kissanimeGoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin a whole lot of 00's where I have data. Here is the problem computer. I only have 1, 6, 8 and they all have values.outlookplugin.PNG

I haven't tried that approach before, but have read several MS forums where users complained of similar behavior with other plugins. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This also didn't work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/outlook/concepts/getting-started/support-for-keeping-add...

The settings are all in place but Outlook ignores them. That makes me wonder if the plugin is corrupt, not truly uninstalling  and reinstalling and the lack of responsiveness to the Enable button on the Slow and Disabled COM add-ins screen is actually the plugin failing to launch.

Is there a scrub utility for cleaning up incomplete uninstalls (or at least a list of every file and registry setting that needs to be cleaned up)?

LogMeIn Contributor

@flashEE  We don't have a tool for that specifically, but you can always do a seek-and-destroy in the registry if you search 'gotomeeting'.  These should be mostly just bookmarks after you uninstall the software.