cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CallumRowley
New Contributor

Camera feed disconnects when presentation is started

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone has come across an issue before where the camera feed of a user disconnects when a presentation is started, then automatically reconnects when the presentation stops? We have this with one of our users and I can't see anything on their laptop which jumps out at me.

When the presentation is started their camera reverts back to their initials (as it would if they weren't sharing their camera), however, the minute the presentation is stopped their cameras return once again.

Thank you,

Callum

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Camera feed disconnects when presentation is started

Hi Callum,

I have seen similar behavior where someone has a poor internet / network connection, and GoToMeeting decides to prioritize the desktop screen sharing over webcam sharing.  Can you tell us more about the type of webcam and computer in use there?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
CallumRowley
New Contributor

Thank you for a response Ash,

Of course, the user uses a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook with the inbuilt camera.

I have checked the diagnostics for said user and, while their resolution is on 320x240; I'm unable to notice anything on the graphs which should show a concern with network conditions for them. They haven't shown to have any other issues with poor connections unlike some of our other users who don't have this same issue.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If they're able to see other webcams while in session, can they go into the desktop GoToMeeting settings and see if their own camera is being picked up as an output option? 

Does the webcam work with other sharing applications?

Do they have any local security apps installed that might block the outbound webcam port of 1853?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!