cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can I access video meetings or webinars trough SIP dialing from another video conferencing equipment (lifesize) ?

Hi folks,

I would like to know if there is a way to access a full Gotomeeting/Gotowebinar audio and video feed trough another equipment , able to dial SIP numbers (Lifesize, fyi)

Many thanks,

Alexandre
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can I access video meetings or webinars trough SIP dialing from another video conferencing equip

GoToMeeting InRoom functionality has improved! 

We now support many SIP phone systems as well as H.323 communication standards.

See this support document for additional details:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/inroom-link-for-video-conference-rooms-and-systems-g...

21 REPLIES 21
New Contributor

Re: Can I access video meetings or webinars trough SIP dialing from another video conferencing equipment (lifesize) ?

Thanks Alexandre for your message!  My name is Priti and I'm the hardware product manager for GoToMeeting.  Can you tell me what model of Lifesize device you are using?  We're working on a solution for integrating with devices that support H.323 or SIP protocols as a focus for 2016.  I would love to have a follow on discussion with you to understand the use case you have.  
New Contributor

Re: Can I access video meetings or webinars trough SIP dialing from another video conferencing equipment (lifesize) ?

Hi Priti,

Thanks for this following,

Our use case is this one :
Every month , we have an "All hands" web meeting, involving a video conference device (camera + microphone) and a laptop to show slides, we are using "GoToWebinar" to do so (one main presenter, switching sometimes with someone else for presentation purpose).

Today, we are installing , Lifesize conference rooms (equipped with Lifesize phones(able to dial audio and video), a dual screen and a wide angle camera.

Now we have 2 main questions:

Can we get a way to join a GoToWebinar trough our Lifesize phones (with no web interface), so we can recieve video and audio feed via our video Conference rooms without the need of a Laptop?

If this is achievable, is it even possible (still with the Lifesize phones) to share video and audio feed the other way around?

Many thanks
New Contributor

Any updates regarding H323 or SIP protocols?
New Contributor

I, too would like to know (as would many others) when Citrix might have a SIP/H.323 bridge in place. We currently have nearly a dozen LifeSize Phones in our various conference rooms and offices and our biggest complaint is that we can only access our GoToMeeting conference bridges using PSTN (i.e. low-bandwidth) connections. These phones sound phenomenal in HD -even using the simplest of HD Voice Codecs (G.722).

We would also be glad to work with you if you would like some help beta testing this feature. We have a ton of experience getting these phones to work in a VoIP environment.
New Contributor

I saw a note a under what's new in the Android Play Store description for the Android GTM app that mentions the ability for conference room endpoints to join GTM.  Is this close?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Chris,
There have been no updates on compatibility here, but did you mean the Android app connecting to VoIP?

New Contributor

Are there any updates on how to connect to webinars with two way audio/video with sip devices? In particular I am thinking of Cisco video systems (SX10 and SX20)
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,
In order to share a webcam through GoToMeeting, the device should either be built in (laptop / mobile), or plug-and-play through a USB input.
VoIP (mic and speaker) connections also need the GoToMeeting application to connect directly.  Feel free to test your connection in advance with a trial, or join a test meeting.
Hopefully this clarifies things!

New Contributor

Not really. My question was specifically if there is a way to dial into the webinar with a Cisco video system with two way video/audio. Is that possible?