cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can I record GoToMeeting Webcams?

Hi
Im wondering if i buy gotomeeting -i can not record both presentation, video of me and the audio?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: No video on GoToMeeting recording.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can I record GoToMeeting Webcams?

Hi,

I am happy to announce that GoToMeeting's new Online Recording feature now captures the shared webcams! Similar to GoToWebinar and GoToTraining, the webcams are displayed on the side if you are sharing your screen. If you only share your webcams they are are displayed side by side in the recording.

* You must be using the Cloud Recording functionality in order to record webcams.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Marlena,

Webcam recording is only supported currently with GoToWebinar and GoToTraining services. 
(response edited and updated 2/5/18)

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Use of Logitech webcam for streaming video didn't record.

I did a Go To Meeting that didn't capture the Logitech cam.   The participants could see it and I clicked on the record.  What happened?
New Contributor

I need help getting this working asap.  I called support but they were CLUELESSS

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @avidsram,

Unfortunately, GoToMeeting does not capture the webcams in its recording at this time. The only way to do this is to use a 3rd party screen capture software like Camtasia or similar and configure it to capture the conference call audio aswell https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/can-i-broadcast-my-computer-audio-to-meeting-partici...

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I am happy to announce that GoToMeeting's new Online Recording feature now captures the shared webcams! Similar to GoToWebinar and GoToTraining, the webcams are displayed on the side if you are sharing your screen. If you only share your webcams they are are displayed side by side in the recording.

* You must be using the Cloud Recording functionality in order to record webcams.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

I see that GoToMeeting recording is now enabled as of 12 days ago, but I just tested in my GoToMeeting room and it didn't work.  Nothing I could do would result in GoToMeeting recording the webcam.  Is this a staged rollout?

LogMeIn Contributor

@ChaseRaz  As far as I know, this functionality has been rolled out to all customers at this time.  You must be using the Cloud Recording functionality in order to record webcams, which your Administrator may have to enable.

New Contributor

know how to record what is projected from my web camera

before starting a webinar 
I want to know how to record what is projected from my web camera,
I know how to record my shared screen but
I want to know which way to record shared screen and web camera at the same time
or only web camera if I wish so, it's possible ?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: know how to record what is projected from my web camera

@Christianrocca  You can easily record your webcam and desktop sharing when you utilize GoToMeeting's Cloud Recording functionality.