cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can't connect to set up a meeting. The firewall isn't blocking GTM, and I've restarted my modem.

Can't connect to the internet. My firewall is giving all permissions to GTM, so it isn't being blocked, and I've restarted my modem.  I just keep winding up on the help page.
12 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can't connect to set up a meeting. The firewall isn't blocking GTM, and I've restarted my modem.

Hi Constance,

Sorry for the frustration. I take it you are using a Windows PC, can you tell me what version of Windows it runs? Which firewall software do you use?

If the GoToMeeting software is saying your computer appears to be offline, that means it cannot reach our servers. Running our connection wizard and then rebooting can help: https://support.logmeininc.com/article/g2m050025

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Re: Can't connect to set up a meeting. The firewall isn't blocking GTM, and I've restarted my modem

Hi, GlennD

This week the same has begun to happen to me.

GoTo Meeting takes a long time "connecting", shows a window like progress, and at the end says that there is a problem with my internet connection or the firewall is blocking the program.

I've checked my router, firewall, ... and have even run the connection wizard, as recommended, but no success.

Please, do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't connect to set up a meeting. The firewall isn't blocking GTM, and I've restarted my modem

@JoaoLuiz  Sorry for the frustration.  Since the problem began, have you tested any other devices on the same local area network? 

Have you reached out to the firewall provider to see if they have any additional documentation for reference?

New Contributor

Seeing a similar issue here with the standalone application.   No firewall issues.  However, if you go to the website, say host a meeting, you get a download for go to opener.  After you install that (an updated client is installed as well) the local application works.

LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry @Mike79  ! 

Could you specify what operating system and browser versions are in use there?

Are you still experiencing issues after the GoTo software update?

New Contributor

Created a separate thread for my issue but wanted to say I was seeing a similar thing to the other person.
New Contributor

Hi, AshC.

Thank you very much for your support.

Yes, I've tested and used other devices and programs normally. I use GTM for homeworking, and have meetings with my office team. But me, none has had troubles.
Yes, I've checked my firewall, and GTM is set as "trusted" among exceptions allowed to work without issues. I've not changed my firewall's settings since the last time I had a webinar through GTM.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, Mike79.

Thank you very much for your support and for your suggestion.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to try this, and let you guys to know what happened.

Kind regards.
New Contributor

Hello, AshC.

I'm using Windows 7 (64b) and Google Chrome (last version).

My GTM is up to date (Dec/2018), and beforehand I had never experienced any kind of issue like that.

Thank you.
Regards.