Can we get Push-to-Talk added as an option?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Participants may be in a noisy environment. The lack of push to talk creates extra hassle of constantly having to mute, then unmute with the mouse control (even when participants are wearing headphones). Push to talk would solve this. All VoIP users should be able to assign their own PTT hotkey. When pressed it unmutes the mic, and when released, mutes it again.

Many voice chat programs like Ventrillo, Teamspeak, and Mumble, have PTT. This would be a valuable option for GoToMeeting, Webinar, and Training.

29 Comments
Cyril Dorogan
Bump, because it's really useful to have push-to-talk option
Anthony8
Come on, Citrix. It's easy to add as a hard-to-find feature in the menus. We have to take conference calls while sitting next to each other, and we're sometimes on the same call and sometimes on different calls. I'm tired of hearing feedback or someone saying "are you on mute?" or both.
James Tandy
The lack of this feature is why I hate using goto meeting.
Omar Abu Saleh
Agreed 100%, this feature could have been very useful for our webinar today
Omar Abu Saleh
Seeing that this feature was suggested 3 years ago and not implemented is not very promising
Michael-S
Agreed! Another customer vote here! 🙂
chelly911
Visitor

2020 in a month and still no push to talk 

erickbrown

Bump. Would love to see PTT added

RoyLasris

So this has been in the 'dream sheet' since at least 2015, and not adopted, and not even commented upon. Very disappointed that GTM (and now LMI) thinks so little of their customers. Zoom has had it since day one and I can tell you it makes a world of difference, both as a user and as the host. You have dropped the ball. I understand thata security is better with GTM, but most meetings don't need it. Ease of use will almost always rule when selecting a product.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for all the feedback around this enhancement idea.  We will certainly consider the idea for future development, and I appreciate the use-case scenarios posted here.  As we make progress, we'll update the Community down the line.