cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Cannot join meetings on account

Across a number of computers on our company network, I cannot start or join meetings set up by my account. I start a meeting, the either the GoTo launcher will open and then stall on 'starting  gotomeeting' and will then close and show me an error saying 'gotomeeting has encountered an error, please try again'. I have tried uninstalling or reinstalling the application, clearing my cache, restarting my computer, and nothing works.

I sent a call into support but they wanted to pin it on 'malware,' however malware bytes hasn't picked anything up and we have managed security for all of the machines I've tried it on.

Any ideas? The only thing that I think coencided with this beginning to occur was that I installed Docker, a software development tool, around the same time.

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Cannot join meetings on account

@Kameron 

Docker would not cause an issue by itself. I see from the notes on your call that you were going to check with your IT to see if any changes had been made on your network, have you heard back yet? What you are describing does seem like a network issue, especially since it is happening on multiple computers. You could try running our connection wizard to see if it identifies anything: https://support.logmeininc.com/article/g2m050025 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

So I gave my IT a call, and they said they aren't blocking anything at the firewall that would stop my specific account from working. Furthermore after a bit of testing I tried signing into another account our company has and can launch meetings just fine when I'm signed in with that account. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Kameron   Thank you for the follow up.  In your case, we may need to know the exact login you are having the problem with, and the login that is working --- in order to compare the two accounts side by side.  Please click on my Community name here, and send a direct message confirming the two emails used for the working / non-working accounts.

New Contributor

Thanks Ash,

Unfortunately, now I'm seeing other accounts having the same issues. This is rapidly becoming  a critical issue for our business as we have to hold conference calls via laptops and cell phones.

LogMeIn Contributor

** This conversation was resolved through PM **