cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LIC
Active Contributor

Clear My Profile Picture isn't working

I used the Profile Pictures lab to add a picture in the little circle next to my name in the attendee list, but used a practice picture instead of the correct one. Now I can't seem to update it. 

Right clicking on my name and choosing Clear My Profile Picture does not do anything. 

Is there a way to correct this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Profile Picture - Can't change or clear

Hey Folks,

If your GoToMeeting profile picture is stuck, try removing it manually this way:

Windows location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\G2MWTMyProfile

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Rbauman
New Contributor

Profile picture

I have uploaded a profile picture to my personal meeting room. It does not show up when I look at the preview or when my students log in. However it appears in the upper left corner of my Go To meeting hub. If I go to personal information it is not there either. I have tried multiple times to upload with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Profile picture

Hi,

If you are seeing your profile picture saved successfully in your Personal Info section, then it should also reflet upon your personalied meeting room.  Sometimes the image can take a few minutes to save if the server is working hard. 

Rbauman
New Contributor

Re: Profile picture

It does not show up in my profile picture once I leave the page. I go to the personal info section and the image is blank. I click change profile picture. I then drag a photo, move it around to my liking and click done. In the upper right hand corner of the screen it says " photo uploaded sussessfully. It could take a few minutes to show up in other parts of the system" The picture is now showing in the change picture area, the upper right corner of the personal info page I am on, and in the upper left hand corner of the Go To meeting hub. When I leave the personal info page and then return to the page, the picture is gone from the change picture area as well as the upper right hand corner of the page. It also does not show up in my personal meeting room. It is still in the upper left hand corner of the Go To meeting hub however. I have tried uploading a picture again and waiting as long as 2 hours to see it uploaded to my personal room with no success. Just stinks becasue I wanted people to see a picture relating to my program. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Clear My Profile Picture isn't working

Hello,

If you reinstall GoToMeeting this should clear up your profile preference there. 

LIC
Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I ended up calling Support and we did uninstall and reinstall, and this did not clear the profile picture, so the issue was escalated.

ChF
New Contributor

Hello, unfortunately I cannot delete the profile picture either. I also tried reinstalling. No success.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ChF  @LIC  I cannot reproduce this failure myself in Chrome on Windows. 

Can you state the operating system and web browser in use?  Are there any errors or time-outs? 

LIC
Active Contributor

I was using Chrome on Windows but also tried it in Firefox on Windows. But it's possible I was logged into my work VPN the whole time and that may have interfered...or some other reason that I'm unaware of...

I tried this on another laptop running windows and found the profile circle empty when I selected that Lab, so I uploaded the correct photo there and the problem is now solved.

LIC
Active Contributor

Spoke too soon. Apparently it's laptop-connected so on that laptop there's the correct photo but on my work laptop it's still the same (wrong) photo. That suggests that even though I uninstalled and reinstalled gotomeeting on my laptop, whereever it stores that image it continued to store it there. 

It would be really helpful if there was a place in your Profile where you could see and change that image. It doesn't appear to be stored anywhere that you can locate it.