cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChF
New Contributor

Re: Clear My Profile Picture isn't working

I use Google Chrome and have the GotoMeeting app installed on my computer. I am using Windows 10. There is no error message. You can click on "clear the profile picture" and nothing happens. Since we currently have a home office, we also use a VPN line. I still have to try it on another computer.

ChF
New Contributor

I have now tried it on a different computer. As already described above, the profile picture is no longer there on the other. So, in my opinion, the image must be saved somewhere locally.

ChF
New Contributor

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you

j_diaz

Re: Clear My Profile Picture isn't working (Hopefully solved!)

Was having the same problem clearing the profile picture. Not sure if this a is a one-size-fits-all solution, but it worked for me.

I deleted the picture I used from the folder it was and emptied the Recycle Bin. Afterwards I went to the C: drive and did a Disk Clean-up to clear temporary files, thumbnails, etc.. I also pressed the "Clean up system files" button. 

When the cleaning was complete, I re-launched GoTo Meeting and the profile picture was gone. I have created a few meetings and so far so good. The old profile picture is gone. I have no technical explanation but to think that the picture was also in some temp folder, and was cleared when I did the drive clean up.  Hope this helps for some of you. Peace!

marcusbriscoe

GoToMeeting Profile Picture - Can't change or clear

I turned on the labs feature to include a profile picture, and used a test photo. It worked, but when I tried to change the picture, I can't. Nor can I clear (delete) the picture I used as a test. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the GoToMeeting application several times, deleted the test picture, even removed registry setting for all the GoToMeeting applications. Nothing helps. So, basic question for the dev-team. WHERE is GoToMeeting keeping the photo? Is it uploaded to the servers? Is it local on my system? WHY doesn't this feature work? WHEN will you fix it? Thanks
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Profile Picture - Can't change or clear

Hi Marcus,

We are aware of this editing problem and hope to have it resolved soon.  Thanks for you patience, and we'll update the Community once it is fixed. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
laura12
Active Contributor

Adding to this line of questions re: profile pic...I can't seem to make my profile pic appear on the screen when I am talking.  When I turn my camera off, my initials appear when I'm speaking.  How do I put my profile pic on the talking screen? If that's not possible, please consider adding this to your "to-do" list.  It is standard with your competitors.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@laura12  You'll want to upload that through your online GoToMeeting account itself:  Personal Info

medwards700

I am so sorry that I used this Labs drag and drop photo feature - that cannot be undone. I have now wasted quite a bit of time trying to find a solution.  Given our situation here in New York during the pandemic (state lockdown, transition to online training), I rely on GoToMeeting more than ever - to work as promised. Disappointed.

Shelley  Edwards

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey Folks,

If your GoToMeeting profile picture is stuck, try removing it manually this way:

Windows location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\G2MWTMyProfile