cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Clear My Profile Picture isn't working

I used the Profile Pictures lab to add a picture in the little circle next to my name in the attendee list, but used a practice picture instead of the correct one. Now I can't seem to update it. 

Right clicking on my name and choosing Clear My Profile Picture does not do anything. 

Is there a way to correct this? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Clear My Profile Picture isn't working

Hello,

If you reinstall GoToMeeting this should clear up your profile preference there. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I ended up calling Support and we did uninstall and reinstall, and this did not clear the profile picture, so the issue was escalated.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, unfortunately I cannot delete the profile picture either. I also tried reinstalling. No success.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ChF  @LIC  I cannot reproduce this failure myself in Chrome on Windows. 

Can you state the operating system and web browser in use?  Are there any errors or time-outs? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I was using Chrome on Windows but also tried it in Firefox on Windows. But it's possible I was logged into my work VPN the whole time and that may have interfered...or some other reason that I'm unaware of...

I tried this on another laptop running windows and found the profile circle empty when I selected that Lab, so I uploaded the correct photo there and the problem is now solved.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Spoke too soon. Apparently it's laptop-connected so on that laptop there's the correct photo but on my work laptop it's still the same (wrong) photo. That suggests that even though I uninstalled and reinstalled gotomeeting on my laptop, whereever it stores that image it continued to store it there. 

It would be really helpful if there was a place in your Profile where you could see and change that image. It doesn't appear to be stored anywhere that you can locate it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I use Google Chrome and have the GotoMeeting app installed on my computer. I am using Windows 10. There is no error message. You can click on "clear the profile picture" and nothing happens. Since we currently have a home office, we also use a VPN line. I still have to try it on another computer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have now tried it on a different computer. As already described above, the profile picture is no longer there on the other. So, in my opinion, the image must be saved somewhere locally.